• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

One of a slew of articles about Platini's recent comments on FFP

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/platini-announces-ffp-rules-to-be-eased

It sounds like legal challenges are scaring them - and attempting to avoid confrontation rather than get challenged in the court room

FFP is morally & legally wrong (even if it is very positive for Chelea) - finding a way to keep it in a weaker form is not progress IMO.

Harvz   

One of a slew of articles about Platini's recent comments on FFP

Whatever their claims about the fairness of levelling the economic playing field for clubs, UEFA and FIFA by extension are always going to be more worried about making sure nobody encroaches on their own earnings. No surprise that the threat of a few expensive lawsuits has them backing up.

I remember when they came to Aarhus, Denmark for the U-21 Championship. Aarhus has a tiny stadium with barely any sponsoring as compared to the bigger clubs around Europe. UEFA made them cover every single branded mark/logo/badge that wasn't linked to someone that was paying UEFA for the privilege. I was talking to the stadium director, and he said they conducted multiple checks until even the faint stamp in the corner of large glass panes was obscured. Ridiculous.

Still, the system was flawed from the beginning. I'd like some restrictions to be put in place, but not ones that just maintain the elite indefinitely.

£16m per year for Costa?! That's an obscene amount of money

Not in the grand scheme of things it's not when you consider Sterling will cost City around £18m per year, Schniderlin will cost United around £12m and Bale costs Madrid around £28m per year.

Edited by Hazardous

£16m per year for Costa?! That's an obscene amount of money

That's the FFP cost, which is the transfer fee amortised over the length of the contract + wages... he's not getting £16m a year in wages!!! That would be over £300,000 a week!

Diddymen   

That's the FFP cost, which is the transfer fee amortised over the length of the contract + wages... he's not getting £16m a year in wages!!! That would be over £300,000 a week!

Right-o

I think iT shows the value of players like rambo mikel cahill etc...the ffp cost to replace would probably be around double...surely a factor when deciding transfers.

Also torres...wtf lol