• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

xCELERYx   
7 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Pretty much everyone, from "sports journalists" at national newspapers, to financial journalists at the FT, Reuters etc are saying a mix of £60m/year for 15 years or £900m over a 15 year period (which all amounts to the same). Given United's deal was £75m/year for 10 years and we paid Adidas £40m to get ourselves out of a contract with them, I'd say £60m/year sounds about right.

Isn't United's deal all dependent if they're in the CL? If they aren't, then they don't get the max deal for that year. May be cactus, but swear I read something eluding to this string being attached.

I'm sure there's also room to renegotiate down the line if said deal starts to fall behind the status quo. 

paulw66   
17 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Pretty much everyone, from "sports journalists" at national newspapers, to financial journalists at the FT, Reuters etc are saying a mix of £60m/year for 15 years or £900m over a 15 year period (which all amounts to the same). Given United's deal was £75m/year for 10 years and we paid Adidas £40m to get ourselves out of a contract with them, I'd say £60m/year sounds about right.

I very much doubt our income in year 1 will be the same in year 15. Makes no sense at all.

It wouldn't surprise if there was a review clause in there every view years. In the industry I work in, it is not uncommon for say a 3 year deal to be agreed, but there will be a clause in it that at the end of each year, depending on how things are running, the rates can be renegotiated. 

I doubt many clubs will earn £900m from kit sponsers in the next 15 years regardless if they are earning more per annum in 15 years time.

This deal is not far from one billion pounds if the figures are true. Phenomenal deal for the club.

It all adds up to more money in the transfer kitty... and the players won't smell so horrible, either! 😊

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/01/sure-partnership-begins.html

Not officially announced by the club yet, but it seems we have a replacement for Christian Purslow, who'll be leaving in the summer.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2017/2/22/14702114/chelsea-tap-former-sky-sports-and-london-2012-commercial-director-as-new-marketing-chief

With his past background at Sky, TfL (introduced the Oyster card) and more recently in charge of rolling out broadband in the UK, it'll be interesting to see what innovations he introduces.

Lampen   

Apparently the club has contacted a mega rich chinese conglomerate for some reason. This could get very exiting!

Sciatika   

Its probably to do with the stadium rebuild. This is why we (CPO) were voting on the lease period. It was so the club to be able to sell a joint development project.

Edited by Sciatika