• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I found out from the article you quoted.

So it does.....I somehow missed that part 😂

From that Guardian article...

"The Times of Israel said that, as a new citizen, Abramovich would be exempt from paying tax in Israel for 10 years and would not need to explain the sources of his wealth in that time."

Handy!

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

"The Times of Israel said that, as a new citizen, Abramovich would be exempt from paying tax in Israel for 10 years and would not need to explain the sources of his wealth in that time."

Handy!

Sounds just like the UK.  No doubt why so many Russian oligarchs have ended up here, there or in both.

paulw66   
12 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Handy!

The UK have successfully managed to allow Roman to not pay tax in this country (or Israel) for the next 10 years. Government genius, right there. 

18 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The UK have successfully managed to allow Roman to not pay tax in this country (or Israel) for the next 10 years. Government genius, right there. 

If you stay in the uk less than 90 days in one tax year you do not have to pay tax. 

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

If you stay in the uk less than 90 days in one tax year you do not have to pay tax. 

Now he can spend more than 90 days here, and still pay no tax, I believe? 

Sciatika   

Doesn't Ken Bates reside in Monaco for the same reasons?

14 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Doesn't Ken Bates reside in Monaco for the same reasons?

Bates does, because he is a Brit, and his income I guess is mostly in Britain, so he has to stay away for 275 days to avoid being taxed here.

Abramovich is different.  He is Russia and only ever had a British Visa.  His income is essentially in Russia (I doubt Chelsea pay much dividends, and loan repayments wouldn't be taxable).  So I see little scope for Britain ever taxing him on his main income.  
Moreover, as a loyal Putin man, and regularly in Russia, I'm pretty sure he chooses to pay his Russian taxes in full, and would not be using Israel as a tax shelter for his Russian income.

Technically, our owner needs to email/text/meet the Chelsea board (from) outside the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/29/roman-Abramovich-cannot-work-in-uk-israeli-passport-chelsea-fc

3 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Technically, our owner needs to email/text/meet the Chelsea board (from) outside the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/29/roman-Abramovich-cannot-work-in-uk-israeli-passport-chelsea-fc

Yeh, this situation still has some unraveling to go through yet. I'm of the opinion that it's a quite deliberate policy on the part of Boris Bullshit to queer any Russian's pitch and they don't come any higher profile than Roman.