• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

17 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm sure he'd have been OK... and a lot safer than Arkady Babchenko

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/30/russian-journalist-arkady-babchenko-who-was-reported-killed-is-still-alive

It was not immediately clear how Babchenko faking his death led to the apprehension of the suspect.

Possibly more ludicrous that certain other ludicrous claims.  I wonder if he had been recording another lengthy deathbed speech denouncing Putin  in a language he did not speak like Litvinenko did.

57 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/30/russian-journalist-arkady-babchenko-who-was-reported-killed-is-still-alive

It was not immediately clear how Babchenko faking his death led to the apprehension of the suspect.

Possibly more ludicrous that certain other ludicrous claims.  I wonder if he had been recording another lengthy deathbed speech denouncing Putin  in a language he did not speak like Litvinenko did.

Did you read beyond the headline?

The head of Ukraine's security services, Vasyl Hrytsak, said the elaborate sting was set up to catch hitmen paid by Russian forces.

8 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Did you read beyond the headline?

The head of Ukraine's security services, Vasyl Hrytsak, said the elaborate sting was set up to catch hitmen paid by Russian forces.

And you still believe it all.  
Frankly "not actually dead, it was Baldrick's cunning plan" is dafter than a 10 week recovery from Novichok, or a 2 week deathbed rant after Polonium poisoning. 

Either Russia's KGB killers are the most ineffective spies in history (is Putin really Jeremy Thorpe?) or these faked incidents are all incredibly lame.

Listening to the radio this morning (Talksport) and Alan Brazil was adamant that he had word from people in the 'City'(probably his man at Barclays HQ) that RA has Chelsea FC up for sale.

Haven't seen this mentioned in the forum anywhere, so thought it was worth putting up.

13 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Listening to the radio this morning (Talksport) and Alan Brazil was adamant that he had word from people in the 'City'(probably his man at Barclays HQ) that RA has Chelsea FC up for sale.

Haven't seen this mentioned in the forum anywhere, so thought it was worth putting up.

If someone wanted to buy a football club, they'd approach Chelsea early on, and if we only picked up the phone that would be enough to start this rumour.

Being "up for sale" to the capital markets is exactly the same as "listening to high end offers"
But I wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't blame RA either.  And the next buyer is likely to put more money in, a la PSG or City, so it could only be good news.

1 hour ago, East Lower said:

I would have thought if RA did want to sell, it would all be done very quietly and no-one would know until after the deal was done.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

I would have thought if RA did want to sell, it would all be done very quietly and no-one would know until after the deal was done.

He always talked about handing the club down to his son Arkady if I heard right. 

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

He always talked about handing the club down to his son Arkady if I heard right. 

He never talked - that is the thing with Mafia bosses and Oligarchs, they don't tell you what they are thinking.
But yes, press talk said that a lot. 

The son went off to study in the States and went into business for himself not long after I believe. I haven't seen reports of him at the club for some time, has anyone else seen him around.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

I don't sell £1.5billion assets, however I've sold my home a few times and I got the best possible price for them by having a few interested people, bidding the value up. 

If it's happening, I would have thought it would be made known in the right circles that he would be open to bids. 

RA has been a fantastic owner, however even with his vast wealth he may be struggling to keep us at the very top table. Also he's not being treated well by our beloved politicians and he could have had enough or even being instructed to withdraw from the UK. Not scared by it personally, wary but it could prove to be positive (given a committed new owner/s).