• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

Recommended Posts

^

Quote

These results ensure the club continues to comply with UEFA’s break-even criteria under the Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations.

We continue to play to the rules, and the biggest spending clubs aren't.  So I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.  CL football was I'd guess half of profits.  Rather that our costs are growing fast too (wages I guess even with few bonuses).  And CL football revenue will not be repeated this year.

Sorry.  Not a terrific Christmas present IMO.

Anyone got a link to a more detailed statement?
I'd be curious if we made any write-offs re Conte or the ground.

There was a "profit on player sales of £113.0m".  I suspect that was unusually high.  Selling Matic for £40m would have given us a near £40m up front profit.  Buying Jorginho for £50m, has no immediate profit effect, just £50m of extra costs in future years.  A great deal IMO, but distorting this years profits.  Ditto Morata for Costa.  I'm hugely suspicious of the reported level of Costa's fee.  But whatever it was, it almost all goes into profit, while the £60m fee for Morata goes into future costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   

Interesting interview with JFH on Sky. Saying Chelsea agreed to sell him to Barcelona in January 2003 as we needed the money. Deal fell through as LVG got sacked after losing at home to Valencia on the Saturday, after the fee was agreed on the Friday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that this coming year is the last of the deal with Yokohama, which I find slightly unbelievable. I wonder we will be looking at getting? Currently we get £40m but Hyundai gave us £20m for the sleeve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   
8 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I believe that this coming year is the last of the deal with Yokohama, which I find slightly unbelievable. I wonder we will be looking at getting? Currently we get £40m but Hyundai gave us £20m for the sleeve. 

Yes I believe it does expire at the end of this coming season.

Which reminds me, people must check out this thread if they haven’t read it before. Fascinating insight to how we landed the deal in the first place...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
5 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Yes I believe it does expire at the end of this coming season.

Which reminds me, people must check out this thread if they haven’t read it before. Fascinating insight to how we landed the deal in the first place...

 

Interesting. Well played.  The only problem with this is that the cat is now out of the bag for the next time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Chelsea Football Club and Singha today announce an extension to our existing partnership for another three years."

 

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/09/chelsea-and-singha-extend-partnership-?cardIndex=0-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

"Chelsea Football Club and Singha today announce an extension to our existing partnership for another three years."

 

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/09/chelsea-and-singha-extend-partnership-?cardIndex=0-1

Good exposure in brand building in Thailand utter bilgewater on the taste front Shame it wasnt this lot http://www.marstons.co.uk/beers/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southcoastal said:

Good exposure in brand building in Thailand utter bilgewater on the taste front Shame it wasnt this lot http://www.marstons.co.uk/beers/

Indeed... a brand with Pedigree!!! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sciatika   

Does anyone buy any of the products of the sponsors? If not, why does it matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now