• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

29 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Does anyone buy any of the products of the sponsors? If not, why does it matter?

Obviously they do, otherwise the companies wouldn't be in business in the first place... or did you mean 'does anyone buy the products of the sponsors as a direct result of them sponsoring the club?"

People all over the world were buying Yokohama tyres long before they sponsored Chelsea... I think I may even have bought some once. However, I wouldn't buy a product just because it was a club sponsor, just as I wouldn't boycott a product/brand that sponsored a rival.

Stim   

I switched from buying adidas shorts and pants to nike ones because I'm a consumer whore and also the nike ones were a better fit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Does anyone buy any of the products of the sponsors? If not, why does it matter?

I also have had Yokahama tyres in the past, I also have brands I favour none of which are influenced by the club sponsorship if they coincide, Does it matter No in building club wealth,

Yes if its like Singha beer as offered in place of decent  Beer at the Bridge.

1 hour ago, southcoastal said:

Very good, Il get your coat :)

I don't wear one... makes for faster getaways!

48 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I don't wear one... makes for faster getaways!

the boys in blue will give you one to cover your pride when they catch you "dear old Erica Roe"

Ham   
5 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

"Chelsea Football Club and Singha today announce an extension to our existing partnership for another three years."

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/09/chelsea-and-singha-extend-partnership-?cardIndex=0-1

If they could only have some ready to go at half time rather than having the same pointless conversation with 20000 people.

"What would you like?"

"2 lagers please".

Assume, ffs, that the vast majority will be drinking the only effing lager you sell and cut the endless queuing out.  

Spurs had the right idea with their auto pouring gizmo.  Must pay for itself within minutes. 

23 hours ago, Rob B said:

Yes I believe it does expire at the end of this coming season.

Which reminds me, people must check out this thread if they haven’t read it before. Fascinating insight to how we landed the deal in the first place...

Interesting to actually see the pitch, but I'd expect more or less every PL club does similar. Indeed, it'd be an absolute failure from their fundraising staff to not court sponsors this way. 

paulw66   
15 hours ago, Ham said:

If they could only have some ready to go at half time rather than having the same pointless conversation with 20000 people.

"What would you like?"

"2 lagers please".

Assume, ffs, that the vast majority will be drinking the only effing lager you sell and cut the endless queuing out.  

Spurs had the right idea with their auto pouring gizmo.  Must pay for itself within minutes. 

I often think the staff who work at Stamford Bridge are part of some communuity project. 

bert19   
On 7/9/2019 at 5:51 PM, Ham said:

"What would you like?"

"2 lagers please".

My favourite bar at the Bridge is that real ale one at the back corner of the MHL - never had to queue up.  

On reflection.....

Maybe I shouldn't be telling you all about it