• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

Recommended Posts

Nope. Keep it to yourself, along with the same at the far end of the Shed Lower bar. Damn, didn't mean to say that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sciatika   
On 10/07/2019 at 9:17 AM, paulw66 said:

I often think the staff who work at Stamford Bridge are part of some communuity project. 

There are times that I hope they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just came across this table on Swiss Ramble's twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D40eM8gX4AAOYmy?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I know we have a small stadium and we have frozen ticket prices for years, but how come our matchday income has not grown since 2007, while Liverpool's has doubled? I know they've rebuilt their main stand, but they have only added about 12000 to the capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Just came across this table on Swiss Ramble's twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D40eM8gX4AAOYmy?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I know we have a small stadium and we have frozen ticket prices for years, but how come our matchday income has not grown since 2007, while Liverpool's has doubled? I know they've rebuilt their main stand, but they have only added about 12000 to the capacity.

Some of that will be CL revenue, particularly knockout games.  Group games are often sold at half price and EL group games not even sold out.

And lets face it, we are not as big a club in the last 5 years as we were 12 years ago, whereas Liverpool are much bigger than then.  

But more importantly gate revenue is much much less important to the bottom line now than it was 12 years ago.  TV money and sponsorship are much more crucial.

(Sadly Swiss Ramble has given up his blog for twitter, which means he is no longer decent reference material.  Great shame).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
synavm   

Thought I'd give this a bit of a bounce. Chelsea have confirmed that Yokohama will end it's shirt sponsorship, but will remain one of the minor sponsors. 

I know there was a bit of inside knowledge last time round. Any news on who might replace them?

Hoping for a Saudi Airlines and the arrival of a morally bankrupt Saudi prince baring wodges of blood money just before deadline day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, synavm said:

Thought I'd give this a bit of a bounce. Chelsea have confirmed that Yokohama will end it's shirt sponsorship, but will remain one of the minor sponsors. 

I know there was a bit of inside knowledge last time round. Any news on who might replace them?

Hoping for a Saudi Airlines and the arrival of a morally bankrupt Saudi prince baring wodges of blood money just before deadline day. 

Poundland to go with our new recruitment policy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Poundland to go with our new recruitment policy 

Whatever people think of our board, and how they have spent their money, the one you can't accuse them of is not spending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They're not now though are they? 

Just when we need it. 

1. Let's wait and see where we are when the window closes

2. January is notoriosuly a terrible time to buy players. Poor value for money and generally clubs don't want to sell their decent players 

3. I'm sure you'll be the first to complain if we spunk £50m on a player who is no better than what we have already

4. As an extension to pont 2, what major club have made any signifcant signings? (I don't count Ashley Young and Victor Moses) . I can only think of one major club in Europe, which is Dortmund

5. My personal feeling is that I'd much rather the club buy nobody and wait untul the summer than buy the wrong player for too much money. We have made that mistake in the past with Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Morata, Zappacosta (to name just 4)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paulw66 said:

1. Let's wait and see where we are when the window closes

2. January is notoriosuly a terrible time to buy players. Poor value for money and generally clubs don't want to sell their decent players 

3. I'm sure you'll be the first to complain if we spunk £50m on a player who is no better than what we have already

4. As an extension to pont 2, what major club have made any signifcant signings? (I don't count Ashley Young and Victor Moses) . I can only think of one major club in Europe, which is Dortmund

5. My personal feeling is that I'd much rather the club buy nobody and wait untul the summer than buy the wrong player for too much money. We have made that mistake in the past with Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Morata, Zappacosta (to name just 4)

My personal feeling is that whoever we bid for in summer United will outbid us, and have Poch at the controls. 

I'm not advocating we buy anyone rather we have had a whole lost window where you'd imagine our "scouting network" were targeting the type of players they see as value (regardless of the coach's view point) and should be poised to make the signings to help us cement fourth. 

I'm not surprised they haven't though as for years I've believed they feel winning the league is easy given the amazing players they've unearthed for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

My personal feeling is that whoever we bid for in summer United will outbid us, and have Poch at the controls. 

I'm not advocating we buy anyone rather we have had a whole lost window where you'd imagine our "scouting network" were targeting the type of players they see as value (regardless of the coach's view point) and should be poised to make the signings to help us cement fourth. 

I'm not surprised they haven't though as for years I've believed they feel winning the league is easy given the amazing players they've unearthed for us. 

I can't work out if this is tongue in cheek.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now