• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

Nope. Keep it to yourself, along with the same at the far end of the Shed Lower bar. Damn, didn't mean to say that.

Sciatika   
On 10/07/2019 at 9:17 AM, paulw66 said:

I often think the staff who work at Stamford Bridge are part of some communuity project. 

There are times that I hope they are.

Just came across this table on Swiss Ramble's twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D40eM8gX4AAOYmy?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I know we have a small stadium and we have frozen ticket prices for years, but how come our matchday income has not grown since 2007, while Liverpool's has doubled? I know they've rebuilt their main stand, but they have only added about 12000 to the capacity.

11 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Just came across this table on Swiss Ramble's twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D40eM8gX4AAOYmy?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I know we have a small stadium and we have frozen ticket prices for years, but how come our matchday income has not grown since 2007, while Liverpool's has doubled? I know they've rebuilt their main stand, but they have only added about 12000 to the capacity.

Some of that will be CL revenue, particularly knockout games.  Group games are often sold at half price and EL group games not even sold out.

And lets face it, we are not as big a club in the last 5 years as we were 12 years ago, whereas Liverpool are much bigger than then.  

But more importantly gate revenue is much much less important to the bottom line now than it was 12 years ago.  TV money and sponsorship are much more crucial.

(Sadly Swiss Ramble has given up his blog for twitter, which means he is no longer decent reference material.  Great shame).