• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

Recommended Posts

The wages work out at just less than £175k per week, not sure where you got £450k from. I'd be interested to know the basis on which the agent's fee was 'confirmed'. Presumably you have to watch the podcast to find out and I cba.

If Arsenal really paid Luiz's agent £6m to take him for one year then it doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary anyway.

That excerpt was taken from a very pro-Liverpool anti-Chelsea article on written on the bbc I believe, somebody posted it last week. If you did a similar break down on Van Dijk for example his total cost was probably close to £150m, agents fess and wages are a part of any transfer albeit yes they can ask for more when the transfer fee is pre determined. You could even do a breakdown for Gerrard or JT with all the wages and agents fees, and argue they cost x00m to their team over the course of their time there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The wages work out at just less than £175k per week, not sure where you got £450k from. I'd be interested to know the basis on which the agent's fee was 'confirmed'. Presumably you have to watch the podcast to find out and I cba.

 

whoops - over confidence in my maths - quite right.
Likewise I cba to watch podcast.

I fully accept that the numbers were likely to be dodgy, and I cocked up on the arithmetic. 
Given the track record of the BBC author it may be entirely fictional.

I just wanted to point out the difference between "release prices" and potentially actual numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
On 01/04/2020 at 5:16 PM, East Lower said:


 

Still no news from Chelsea as to how they may proceed or even acknowledging they have this issue to deal with. 

In case anyone was wondering, the proportionate amount of unused matches this season are being discounted from next year's renewal, or if the ST holder prefered, were offered a full pro rata refund for those games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, paulw66 said:

In case anyone was wondering, the proportionate amount of unused matches this season are being discounted from next year's renewal, or if the ST holder prefered, were offered a full pro rata refund for those games. 

Yes, indeed there were three options offered:

  1. Pro-rata based refund on home and away ST's
  2. Discount on next season's ST's
  3. Donate the money to a Chelsea FC nominated charity

Any other tickets purchased (LCFC FA Cup Quarter Final was an example or CL Away) were straight refunds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
6 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Yes, indeed there were three options offered:

  1. Pro-rata based refund on home and away ST's
  2. Discount on next season's ST's
  3. Donate the money to a Chelsea FC nominated charity

Any other tickets purchased (LCFC FA Cup Quarter Final was an example or CL Away) were straight refunds.

What did you go for? I took the credit for next year. Whenever that is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

What did you go for? I took the credit for next year. Whenever that is. 

I took the money and ran. 
 

Thoughts were fairly basic - in so much as that at the time of making the decision I didn’t think we’d get to attend matches again this calendar year and the money is better with me than the club and it’s £600. 

I budget each year for the ST costs, so getting some back was a bonus and I just start again next season. 
 

If there’d have been an option 4 of giving up the whole of the amount to ensure the season went null and void, I’d have happily donated!

I’ve donated a bit to charities of my choice (animal welfare related) and bought a small shed!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
1 hour ago, East Lower said:

I took the money and ran. 
 

Thoughts were fairly basic - in so much as that at the time of making the decision I didn’t think we’d get to attend matches again this calendar year and the money is better with me than the club and it’s £600. 

I budget each year for the ST costs, so getting some back was a bonus and I just start again next season. 
 

If there’d have been an option 4 of giving up the whole of the amount to ensure the season went null and void, I’d have happily donated!

I’ve donated a bit to charities of my choice (animal welfare related) and bought a small shed!!

Well played.  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now