• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

Those valuations are pretty much correct in my book.

Chelsea's only major assets are Cech (whatever form he is or isn't suffering from), Joe Cole, Essien, Mikel. Maybe Bosingwa and Ashley Cole. And none of them should be sold. Especially Essien. Carvalho is too old to generate much income, brilliant as he is.

If City came in with a huge JT offer, would it worth taking? If they were to offer silly money? If he recovers his ability to jump, I'd say never. If he remains as rooted to the ground as he has since his back problems started, it might be worth making a very painful decision over.

As it stands, the club will struggle to gain twenty million from it's expendable stars, though removing Ballack, Deco and Drogba from the wage list would help the club's outgoings. Mind you, I was shocked to see how much Anelka's contract is worth, so he could be off-loaded, too.

Yes - if JT gets an offer from Man City I think he should take it (was that the question?).

By trying to go from Jose's great first 20 to a superb first XI the club have destroyed all serious chance of wining anything big, and wasted a whole lot of money too. My advice to star players still expecting to win things in their careers (as you say Essien, Mikel, JT, Bosingwa and A Cole, though surely not J Cole) is that the chances are better elsewhere - Man City or better still Man U.

Nicholas   

Secondly, the only way the club is going to "wash its own face" next season is by a significant cost cutting exercise, namely players wages (Ballack, Deco and Drogba springs to mind here), recouping a little transfer monies by cutting out the dead wood (Kalou, Malouda and Mikel), and ensuring they are in the Champions League.

Mikel is "deadwood"? If that is the case then I presume almost every player in the squad is up for sale.

Deadwood. Holy Moly! Whatever next. I found an incomplete text version of an interview Mikel had with SSN earlier in the week. In there is a clue about why the midfield plays the ways it currently does. I think that same point has been made by some here who actually do pay close attention during matches. Clearly, it bears repeating.

Edited by nicholasobe

Olusisi   

When a lot of people talk about our wage bill and the kind of salary we pay to the player, they only talk about the first team, neglecting the ridiculous amounts we even pay to youth players, let me give you an example, they was a Dutch paper complaining about how their young players leave Holland too early and that is because Dutch clubs can’t compete with clubs from other leagues wage offers, they used Bruma as an example, That was a few months after he came to Chelsea that the article was written, the compared his 5,000 pounds a week salary at the age of 15 to what Huntelaar, a super star in that league and an international, the kid was earning more playing in our youth team to Huntelaar that has been playing first team football for many years..

Then look at someone like Sinclair on 15 grand a week and compare him to what some premier league players earn, if we add his minutes of first team football in a Chelsea shirt, it wouldn’t be up to 3 hours in the last two seasons but he is on a ridiculous salary, we pay this kid amount as if they are geniuses and are guaranteed to make the grades at Chelsea, our cost cutting scheme of wages this summer should also include the juniors, riding the club of the deadwoods and those on silly money that wouldn’t make it at Chelsea..

When you listen to the Kenyon's wind up recording on youtube you can get a general idea of why we spend 71% of our turnover of wages and how poor his negotiation skill are.

db12d1   
When you listen to the Kenyon's wind up recording on youtube you can get a general idea of why we spend 71% of our turnover of wages and how poor his negotiation skill are.

How the hell you can judge his negotiation skill from 3 minute phone talk with someone that he even not in negotiation with?

The youth players are maybe 10 percent of the total wages in our club. That not much and that not the problem with our wage bill. Next year those number will be reduced a lot as Sidwell, Maka, TBH, Sheva, SWP, Cudicini and Bridge are off. Only Deco, Bosingwa, Miniero and Quaresma came. I guess it something like 25m pound per year off the wage bill, and maybe 7m pound in.

Karan   
Don't forget that Ballack had it in his contract that he could be paid in Euro's, which with the current devaluation of Sterling against the Euro equates to approx a 32% rise. (ie £124k pw then would = £163k pw now!).

Player, Club, wage per week, wage per annum (info as of last season):

Frank Lampard Chelsea FC £130,050 £6,762,600

John Terry Chelsea FC £130,050 £6,762,600

Andriy Shevchenko Chelsea FC £124,313 £6,464,250

Michael Ballack Chelsea FC £124,313* £6,464,250*

Didier Drogba Chelsea FC £117,619 £6,116,175

Michael Essien Chelsea FC £80,325 £4,176,900

Joe Cole Chelsea FC £74,588 £3,878,550

edit, checked Sterling/Euro rate and changed 35% to 32%

Just would like to know if there's any source for these and where to find them (I'd like to read more of this in detail).

Thanks.

My advice to star players still expecting to win things in their careers (as you say Essien, Mikel, JT, Bosingwa and A Cole, though surely not J Cole) is that the chances are better elsewhere - Man City or better still Man U.

So the players should switch clubs just because the team is going through a bad period? And to City? How did you come to that conclusion?

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but not a bad piece from the Times; Chelsea now resemble a normal business

From Chelsea’s point of view, the club look far more healthy, financially speaking. This is because one of the key barometers of a company’s financial health — particularly when debt issues are to the fore — is its “gearing”. This is the ratio of borrowings to the amount of equity invested in the business by shareholders and, generally speaking, it is more desirable if companies are funded by equity rather than by loans.

Graphic; http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/pdfs/chels...erscrunched.pdf

Edited by Toby Brown

Nicholas   
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but not a bad piece from the Times; Chelsea now resemble a normal business

Graphic; http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/pdfs/chels...erscrunched.pdf

The reported (estimated?) £15m compensation for JM far exceeds any of the figures we saw in the press at the time of his departure. I'd be surprised if this one figure holds valid.

So the players should switch clubs just because the team is going through a bad period? And to City? How did you come to that conclusion?

I think my explanation is quite clear.

Explain your question - are you simply trying to say that players owe the club a similar loyalty to that of the fans?

If so - say so and we can all have a laugh at your naivety.