• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

Nicholas   
Does it include the compensation for his staff?

Given the purpose of the information release, it's probably safe to assume that it does. Would JM have been entitled to the full compensation figure quoted given that he secured another role with Inter only one year into his severance with CFC? IIRC, Eriksson's severance package from England was linked to the timing of a future role in the game. I can't imagine such arrangements aren't common place.

Deloitte report.

Chelsea debt £711m and wages £172m.

Am I right to assume that these figures are correct? if so what happened to the debt/share swap?(is that in 08/09 report?)

The wages look scary tbh and surley need trimming to accomodate a 'galactico'?

Did we really spend £80m on transfers in o7/o8?

mihk3l   

It was last season's wages, this season we let numerous players leave.

Boulahrouz (I'm pretty sure we paid some part if not all of his wages in Seville)

Pizarro (don't know how much of his wages did Werder cover but I presume not much but worth a mention)

Sheva (as I undrestand Milan covered all his wages during this season)

SWP

Sidwell

Makelele

Tal Ben Haim

and in January we let Cudicini and Bridge leave whilist adding only Quaresma to our ranks during that time and Bosingwa, Deco and Mineiro in the start of the season (although Lamps payrise is worth the mention too)

so overall our wage bill should be significantly lower at the moment contrary to Deloitte's report which is based on last season's accounts and with the reports of some high earners leaving I don't expect our wage bill rise that much during the summer.

Vinod   
Deloitte report.

Chelsea debt £711m and wages £172m.

Am I right to assume that these figures are correct? if so what happened to the debt/share swap?(is that in 08/09 report?)

The wages look scary tbh and surley need trimming to accomodate a 'galactico'?

Did we really spend £80m on transfers in o7/o8?

Yes - but unlike other clubs, this debt is owed to the Owner at 0% interest.

Once the balance sheet stops showing red, this can be paid back. For that to happen, we need to buy young and sell some old players. The wage bill is way too much. Selling Sheva might be a good start - after a while, one needs to look at operating expenses and stop worrying about net loss.

Once the balance sheet stops showing red, this can be paid back. For that to happen, we need to buy young and sell some old players. The wage bill is way too much. Selling Sheva might be a good start - after a while, one needs to look at operating expenses and stop worrying about net loss.

Sadly, that won't happen until Roman, I mean, Chelsea wins a CL trophy.

Apparently the wage bill went up £40m since last season!!!

We let quite a few go and signed Bosingwa and Deco surely there wages couldnt have cost £40m? I dont even remeber us given anyone much of a payrise other then Lamps.

Also can't see it lowering as we are offering A.Cole an improved deal, Ballack another year and Mikel, J.Cole etc. new deals (not that isn't 100% the right thing to do.

We need to let players like Ferreira go, Minerios already gone, maybe its time for Carvahlo to go? we have too many centrebacks ATM.

rangoon   
Selling Sheva might be a good start -

Who would want him? Certainly not any club that could afford his wages.

Vinod   
Who would want him? Certainly not any club that could afford his wages.

He is unlikely to contribute enough to the team to justify his wages. Release him from his contract if ANY club is interested. Sheva, I am sure will reduce his wage demands to go to a club where he will start regularly. He has a career to resurrect as well as his pride.

Once the balance sheet stops showing red, this can be paid back.

I was under the impression that RA had converted half his debt to shares? Is that still a debt then?

As for the balance sheet showing black-sometime,maybe,never?!!!

But how can we have £80 on transfers that season?