• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

wise76   
Out of the top clubs we obviously do, but as you mentioned the troubles at Pompey, I'd say that in the Premiership Randy Lerner and Niall Quinn for me are the best chairman/oweners. Both outstanding examples of how a football club should be run, how to support a manager. Lerner I believe paid for the restoration of a derelict pub near the ground, has one of his advisors look on the Villa Forums weekly for issues that may arise.

When Sbragia needed to get the boot, Sunderland handled it in such a fantastic manner that neither club nor manager lost face, with Roy Keane they never seemed to be in the wrong either.

Top post,

Roman, Randy Lerner, Niall Quinn, my top 3.

They do mistakes, as everyonne, but can't stand the Glazer $, Hick$ and Gillett, who prove day after day, there are only here for the business.

How lucky we are, to have Roman. Sure.

Must be Roman as I would hate to have such indescreet owners as they have at the scousers. Fair play to the Glaziers they seem to give SAF space and no bad press to deal with

Who's Abrahimovic anyway? I've known player-managers, but never a cross between a chairman and a centre-forward.

Oh, and none of the others would have given us the cash and security (and success) that Abramovic has. No contest.

A little off topic, but though Niall Quinn is doing OK at Sunderland, as is Dave Whelan at Wigan, we have seen some right disasters with ex-players trying to be a chairman. Francis Lee at Manchester City years ago and the late Derek Dougan at Wolves are two examples of ex-players becoming failed chairmen.

So, apart from the training ground, the players, the trophies, the global standing, the European recognition and the backing of the supporter initiatives, what has the Roman ever done for us? ;-)

CellSea   
roman made a number of errors over the past 6 years, but its impossible to ignore the number of brilliant decisions he's also made. hiring PK & Mourinho, sacking scolari and bringing in hiddink, ancelotti's appointment looks like another brilliant move too, plus the man has made such a significant investment in the club... I think he's learning more and more every season about whats necessary to run a football club, and the whimsical approach he adopted between early 06 to late 08 appears to now be a thing of the past.

and to add on, it's all for the love of this club. :-)

Paul1970   
So, apart from the training ground, the players, the trophies, the global standing, the European recognition and the backing of the supporter initiatives, what has the Roman ever done for us? ;-)

The aqueduct??

Zoffie   

Forget about the top clubs, of ALL clubs I'd have Roman.

Would you prefer Quinn or Lerner to have really been our owners, rubbish.

You talk about Romans mistakes.. such as??? Listen to what even Makelele was saying about Mourinho.

Shevchenko? how damaging was that to us, Roman footed the bill.

Sorry, look at our academy, look at the trophies we have won, look at our standing in world football.

City are doing a similar thing now, Inter have had similar investment perhaps Madrid, but it's never been as intimate as with Roman.

gaban   

LOL at those who chose glazers

u need to attend classes once in a while

if the glazers had bought Chelsea, we would have become another Leeds United.