• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

Diddymen   

Those figures include a one off 'exceptional' £12.6m fee for sacking Scolari, and probably the unmentioned signing on fee for Ancelotti.

12.6 million for sacking Scolari!!! thats unbelievable

Where does this leave us in terms of January spending? Its patently obvious to even a blind man we need to spend big. Maybe Roman is clearing a path to allow us to spend big again. We certainly need to IMO. It does make it easier to spend big in January without breaking the new debt rules which will come into force soon.

Another sign of Roman's long-term commitment to the club as well. He's not going anywhere.

Fantastic, so good reading positive news on that front. I'm not a businessman and dont understand alot of the figures but its good to know the Club is being run in a positive manner. Thank you to all the guys behind the scenes who work hard to maintain this, thank you Roman Abramovich for making our dreams come true and of course thank you to all my fellow Chelsea supporters who spend their hard earned cash on tickets, merchandise etc to keep the Club running.

Vinod   

Good news... getting closer and closer to a sustainable club

I would like to know if 'losses' mean 'operating loses'. If that is indeed the case, it is good news.

If not, then there is a lot of work to be done. A transfer spend of 60 million GBP will shoot up the loses. Aren't both Deco and Ballack earning 100,000+ GBP per week? That's almost 11 million GBP for whatever.

I'm not sure we should read to much into how this will affect the club- ala will we now spend 100 mill on players or not.

What should be acknowledged, time and time again, is the tremendous impact Roman has had on the club. Without him we could have easily imploded.

Many fans look at their club's owner with derision. How fortunate are we that we didn't get a Glazer, Kroenke , Gillett or Hicks.

A super Roman chant should be made and sung every game. We owe the man our gratitude.

Olusisi   

12.6 million for sacking Scolari!!! thats unbelievable

I think that figure includes compensation for himself and the staff brought along to the club.

I would like to know if 'losses' mean 'operating loses'. If that is indeed the case, it is good news.

If not, then there is a lot of work to be done. A transfer spend of 60 million GBP will shoot up the loses. Aren't both Deco and Ballack earning 100,000+ GBP per week? That's almost 11 million GBP for whatever.

Deco - out of contract in the summer, Ballack will probably leave too :P

Agree totally about the transfer splurge. On the one hand fans say give the kids a chance, on the other it's like, 'We want Ribery, Aguero etc etc'. We may end up being banned in the summer, so with an ageing squad getting even older it may well be we need one player in January; but if we don't, I won't worry. :P

lazydude   

Those figures include a one off 'exceptional' £12.6m fee for sacking Scolari, and probably the unmentioned signing on fee for Ancelotti.

Ancelotti was signed on free, since his contract was up in the summer at Milan.