• Current Donation Goals

richard

Chelsea Finances Thread

Khobar   

And your problem with that is what exactly?

Truly hilarious. Abramovich out - what has he ever done for us, the JCL. Post of the year, squeezed in right at the last minute.

Whilst I disagree with Kembo on this, he most certainly is NOT a JCL mate.

Khobar   

I can see Platini even now re-writing a set of proposals to state that clubs who issue extra shares must be banned from European competition.

Maybe it's about time that us fans considered in the near future designing a flag/banner dedicated to Roman, a small price for the £500 million or so he's pumped into the club. The variety of ideas would be endless what with his Russian background, love of boats and who knows maybe his girlfriend could assist bearing her interest in art.

Ancelotti was signed on free, since his contract was up in the summer at Milan.

Actually he had a year to go on his contract, but Milan agreed to release him from the contract.

I can see Platini even now re-writing a set of proposals to state that clubs who issue extra shares must be banned from European competition.

And that all Spanish clubs are exempted from all the rules.

This has been debunked several times on this site, James, that it's not even funny anymore that as frequently as you visit this these forums, you fall for the oft-repeated press lines about Chelsea's future pre RA. You may want to go back and read similar topics for your own good.

Fair enough, but even so we had no chance of competing for the trophies we now compete for regularly, and little or no money to spend on the squad.

Funny how the media keep saying, it they don't always make everything up. Its hard to believe difficult things about your club isn't it? Sorry, my mistake. The media are always wrong. Like they went on about how were going for Jose in early 2004, about how we wanted Ballack and Sheva in early 2006, like they went on about Deco coming early 2008, and Anelka late 2007, and about Ancelotti in February 2009 and in early 2008.

Lucky they were wrong with all of those ones eh? Even about that one when we went for Ancelotti in 2008 and he rejected us, which he has since admitted. They were wrong with all these stories, were they not?

Anyway, bottom line is that we wouldn't have achieved anything like we have or had the players we had or be in the position we are in without Roman, end of.

kembo   

And your problem with that is what exactly?

Truly hilarious. Abramovich out - what has he ever done for us, the JCL. Post of the year, squeezed in right at the last minute.

No problem at all but the club dressing it up as RA being Mr Bountiful is ridiculous. It's only been done to get around FIFA. he wouldn't have done it otherwise would he?

I'm not saying RA out. Read the bottom of my post. Many many thanks to RA.

Ta Khobar, but I think chrisp was calling RA the JCL and not me. chrisp if you were calling me a JCL can I suggest that you refer to forum rules about personal insults. PM me if you wish.

As for the FC United of Manchester comment Khobar and the rest of my mates disagree with me but that doesn't mean I am wrong. I am getting tired of supporting a club that thinks Chelsea is a brand, its supporters are in fact customers and that some of our "supporters" boo even though we are top of the league inspite of playing crap atm. I can understand booing but when we are top of the league? Mind you if the club treat us like customers then we can do what the hell we like because the customer is always right.

If you are going to Hull away pm me and we can meet up for a friendly chat to discuss further.

Khobar   

No problem at all but the club dressing it up as RA being Mr Bountiful is ridiculous. It's only been done to get around FIFA. he wouldn't have done it otherwise would he?

I'm not saying RA out. Read the bottom of my post. Many many thanks to RA.

Ta Khobar, but I think chrisp was calling RA the JCL and not me. chrisp if you were calling me a JCL can I suggest that you refer to forum rules about personal insults. PM me if you wish.

As for the FC United of Manchester comment Khobar and the rest of my mates disagree with me but that doesn't mean I am wrong. I am getting tired of supporting a club that thinks Chelsea is a brand, its supporters are in fact customers and that some of our "supporters" boo even though we are top of the league inspite of playing crap atm. I can understand booing but when we are top of the league? Mind you if the club treat us like customers then we can do what the hell we like because the customer is always right.

If you are going to Hull away pm me and we can meet up for a friendly chat to discuss further.

No, you're right, I missed the full stop after JCL! So my apologies to Chrisp for putting words in his mouth - only acceptable if you're a chef serving alphabetti spaghetti.

Khobar   

Oops, missed that! If he has done it for this reason (and I agree that it's the most likely) it's still him being bountiful isn't it? Even if he's just protecting his investment (and 'investment' is stretching the point to a ridiculous degree as far as Chelsea is concerned.) I reckon you want a Chelsea of Fulham FC just so that you can be player/manager :-)

To Hull and back? Certainly got a ring to it, but the answer has to be 'chance would be a fine thing' sadly. Maybe a few of us can arrange a Chelsea day out when we can all match our diaries. Could be a blast (or end up in a mass brawl).

It's only been done to get around FIFA. he wouldn't have done it otherwise would he?

Obviously it would be to get around Uefa's new rules and nothing to do with FIFA, but that's by the by. No doubt that there's been an increased sense of urgency injected by the impending introduction of the new rules, but in fairness RA has been converting debt into equity for quite some time (and well before Uefa even announced the new rules, which won't actually come into effect until after 2012).