• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mo_k

100 Points

mo_k   

I don't mean to get carried away here, but is it possible? Chelsea have 55 points from 22 games, so the chances of getting 100 points is slim. But they way they are going now nothing can be ruled out.

JM said that he does not expect to have as good a year as he had 2004, But at the beginning of the season he said he was aiming at the 100 point mark and JM is hardly ever disappointed.

I think it is very unlikely, we have 55pts now with 16 games left that means only 48 pts available so we would have to win 15 lose 1 out of the last 16 and virtually impossible with our probably tight schedule with cups etc. I will be happy with 88-90, that will see us crowned champions

I think that would mean winning all remaining games except for one loss. I could live with that as would mean noone could possibly catch us. I thought Arsenal's 90 from last year would stand as the record for many years, but now I don't think so.

TeRiYaKi   

As there are 20 teams in the league each team plays 38 games (19*2). This means that there are 16 games left, and a possible 48 more points. If we were to win all our remaining games we would have 103 points which means the possibility is over if we drop 4 points. Also we have to compete in the Champions League, FA Cup and Carling Cup which will probably be prioritised over league games come the latter stages.

So basically you can write off 100 points this season but here's hoping =D

TeRiYaKi   

I think it's 90 something by Manure, highest since the EPL switched to 20 teams or something like that...

mark g   

I think manure got 92 in 93/94 (they also managed a rather lucky fa cup final victory that year) but mind you there were 24 teams in the league at that point

Crowey   

Apparently last time we won the title we did it with the lowest points total, be nice to have both records, lowest and highest!! Mind you I'd settle for the title no matter how many points we get or win by.

Boogle   

Telegraph wrote on Christmas Eve that they reckon we will end the season on 93 points, ten clear of second placed Manure and 12 points clear of the Arse.

THey also reckoned that we will only lose once more this season (vs Manure).

To win by that big a margin would be some feat, to get 93 points would be also, but to get 100 (as much as I would love it) seems unlikely.

RXM   

I know we have had an unprecedentedly good Christmas run and things are looking very acceptable at the moment, but 100 points really does seem to be getting ahead of ourselves.

I know I am usually overly pessimistic about our chances, but bitter experience has seen my hopes dashed many a time in the past. I won't be comfortable celebrating until the end of the season!