• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

I don't feel especially sorry for him, it's football and it's an unfortunate hazard that can happen. I don't wish his career over or for him to lose proper use of that knee or anything but so long as that isn't the case I'm not losing any sleep over this.

From our point of view any of Arsenal's main players being out injured is a positive - if something like that happened to, God forbid, Hazard or Oscar or Terry etc etc then it would equally be a boost for Arsenal, I mean I guess it already has with Van Ginkel and who knows what kind of impact he may have had this season as we barely saw him before it happened.

From an England point of view it's very bad news but it's always Chelsea over England anyway.

0liver   

The Christmas schedule should be scrapped along with the Carling Cup. One is a relic of the past and the other just pointless.

20% of the players in the PL are injured as it stands. The clubs and players in other countries get a significant advantage towards the 2nd half of the season and the world cup.

Walcott's injury has nothing to do with the winter schedule, he's barely played this season. Where did you get that 20% stat?

0liver   

Walcott's injury has nothing to do with the winter schedule, he's barely played this season. Where did you get that 20% stat?

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tacticsandanalysis/id/2445?cc=

Statistics from the excellent analytics website StatsBomb prove that injuries have increased rapidly in recent weeks. Meanwhile, using data from the reliable injury source PhysioRoom, it appears around 25 percent of Premier League players are currently injured. Spurs, for example, have 11 players unavailable.

I wouldn't say that the Physioroom is reliable - Chelsea almost never have players in there. It is the best source available though I agree and they do a good job. But club reporting policies vary.

The other issue is that a player with a knock on a Saturday is not injured if the next game is 7 days later, but is out if the next game is on a Tuesday. So an increase in reported injuries is not the same as an increase in injuries. That might explain the whole thing.

So...

What's this all about?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1912418-referee-mike-dean-seems-upset-when-swansea-attack-stopped-vs-manchester-united

They have got a lot of strange calls against them since Fergie retired - or at least they are not getting dubious calls they got previously.

^Bleacher is complete rubbish on "soccer". They get massive interest in their american sports pages and comparatively zero hits on UK soccer - so you can imagine where the editing effort goes in, and where any article is accepted.

Liverpool, injuries and first half vs 2nd half goals.

Rene Meulensteen reckons they are training badly which is why their 2nd half performances are so bad and why they have so many injuries.

Sounds likely to me.

Meulensteen:http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/dutch-coach-raymond-verheijen-wonders-why-liverpool-have-so-many-injuries/

http://www.soccerstats.com/table.asp?league=England&tid=k

H1 they are 31-9 up, H2 it is just 15-14 which is pretty remarkable (most big teams do at least as well if not better H2).

And at home this is even more true.

BTW - am I imagining it, or are our players finally fitter than the average opponents. We went through a period 2011-13 when we weren't.

^ I wasn't so much focusing on the actual article but more on the video clip attached to it. By hairdresser told me about it this evening and unjust had to look it up for myself and that happened to be the first link that popped up.

Remember there was a lot of noise about a similar episode a few years ago but can't remember who the ref was or what teams were involved.

As for us being fitter - absolutely a certainty. Think we can thank JM, Oscar and Willian for that. Oscar and Willian just never stops - for anything.

Stim   

So...

What's this all about?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1912418-referee-mike-dean-seems-upset-when-swansea-attack-stopped-vs-manchester-united

They have got a lot of strange calls against them since Fergie retired - or at least they are not getting dubious calls they got previously.

2 things for me.

1) he is annoyed cause he has to run up the pitch again

2) he knows he screwed up the call because he plays advantage and swansea lose the ball 1 second later.

I'm guessing he is just annoyed at not getting a breather.

Either way when united blame referees I can't help but laugh. Hell, the BR guy used this 3 seconds of footage to make a comment about refs being rooting for the away side at OT.

article-2232797-15C8BC6B000005DC-26_468x

Not so funny anymore is it.

Edited by Stim