• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

12 minutes ago, blue_everest said:

We as a club failed to see talent and nurture them(Salah and KDB). Hiring short term manager like Jose was never going to help.

The funny thing about JM is that at almost every club he ever goes to, he stays far far longer than all his peers. 

He is the only manager to last > 2 years at Chelsea since Ranners (and twice).

RM - only manager to last > 2 years since Del Bosque (-2003)

Inter only 2 other managers in 25 years have lasted a full 2 years 

Every job he has had since Uniao de Leiria has lasted more than two whole seasons, except Inter where he still managed to fit in 2 Serie A titles and a CL title before resigning to go to RM.

The only sense that JM is not a long term manager is that he famously gets short term results every time.
CA and Conte have both won PLs with essentially JM's remnants, and RDM won a CL with essentially the dregs of the JM team

28 minutes ago, blue_everest said:

We as a club failed to see talent and nurture them(Salah and KDB). Hiring short term manager like Jose was never going to help.

Hazard, Willian, Courtois, Oscar, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ramires, Costa, all were bought and integrated into the first team at the same time as Salah and KdB failed with us.  

• Like 1

JaneB   

Oh the irony. Well played Jose 😂

Leo91   

How are they second ? They're about as uninspiring as we are but there's a 11pt difference. 

JaneB   
3 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

How are they second ? They're about as uninspiring as we are but there's a 11pt difference. 

Indeed. I'm sure you would know the answer to that more than me though. All those hugely overpriced signings didn't do the business that's for sure.

Stoke relegated. Don't think anyone outside of Stoke will be sorry to see them gone.

15 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Stoke relegated. Don't think anyone outside of Stoke will be sorry to see them gone.

You know who couldn't do it on a rainy night in Stoke ?

Stoke .

Goodbye cloggers.

JaneB   

You've got to hand it to West Brom 👏🏻

Spurs doing a Spurs 😂

On 05/05/2018 at 4:09 PM, Mark Kelly said:

You know who couldn't do it on a rainy night in Stoke ?

Stoke .

Goodbye cloggers.

I've never believed in this "can't do it on a cold night in Stoke" bull***t.  Stoke and the like regularly get stuffed south of Birmingham, whatever the weather.  Like you said, they are no great loss at all, and I hope the perpertrator of their alehouse football Pulis' team fail in the Championship play-offs.

On 05/05/2018 at 5:00 PM, JaneB said:

You've got to hand it to West Brom 👏🏻

Spurs doing a Spurs 😂

I'd also love it if the Mickey Mousers dropped out of the top four and messed up in the CL final

Big Fat Sam Allardyce sacked by Everton.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.  David Moyes' also departs the pie and mash brigade (West Ham to you and me).  Here's hoping we don't replace Conte with either of these two.  Moyes has never been the same after leaving Everton, and Allardyce IMO has never been any good, in fact he's one of the most overrated managers ever, he's never won anything, and the style of football his teams play belong to the dark ages, but so many muppet football writers in the North and the Midlands think he's still the bees knees.