• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

Just found this from Phil McNulty on the BBC website:

"Arsenal may be fifth in the Premier League, but there is now a four-point gap to Chelsea in fourth.  There is also a sharp contrast between the serenity and unity of Chelsea under Frank Lampard, just months into the job, and the fractious sound and fury on show here. Arsenal's league position may look healthy - but no-one would say all is well in this part of north London."

God, but that warms the cockles of my heart, it really does. Good press comment, let's hope it lasts.

On 10/28/2019 at 1:13 PM, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Daniel James is a right little sh*thouse. The sooner refs realise what his game consists of the better, he has managed to avoid the reputation he deserves so far. Goes down at any slight contact, but due to his lack of size he has perfected the art of bouncing off bigger opponents and making it look a foul.

He does this often when going into a tackle himself, runs into challenges full speed and not in control, bounces off a bigger opponent and then the whole utd team want a foul for it.

Its happened numerous times so far this season and referees need to start wising up to him.  

I have not come across a player so young, who has mastered the art of falling to the ground without making it look theatrical as this lad does. Refs need to smarten up to him.

A softish penalty last night, I would not argue too strongly for or against it, but the contact does not merit the impact of the fall. He goes down so heavy that he even smacks his head off the ground and makes it look like he his been wiped out.

He does exactly the same when he goes into a tackle and bounces off people. He tried it again at the start of the 85th minute when running with the ball, no contact and he already falling and just drops himself.

A player I have taken a huge dislike too . Unfortunately, we don't have the good old days where a defender would look to split him and get him substituted because this little runt deserves it.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

Sciatika   

I was watching the Spurs-Sheff game and thinking about VAR decision for Sheffield's goal and it occurred to me that anytime it takes longer than a few seconds to make a decision it is too close to call and the advantage should be given to the attacker. We don't need ti to be right, we need it to be reasonable - to fix clear errors not marginal decisions.

• Like 1

Ham   
9 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I was watching the Spurs-Sheff game and thinking about VAR decision for Sheffield's goal and it occurred to me that anytime it takes longer than a few seconds to make a decision it is too close to call and the advantage should be given to the attacker. We don't need ti to be right, we need it to be reasonable - to fix clear errors not marginal decisions.

Took them 3.5 minutes and they still got it horribly wrong. 

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Took them 3.5 minutes and they still got it horribly wrong. 

Sky have been getting video reviews wrong for 25 years, often an hour after the game.  Is that because Sky don't have the same skills as a referee?  Or because they have the same biases.

We should stick up for City because this is exactly the same source of bias that we had to put up with for so long.

Sciatika   

When I said we only need it to be reasonable, I was wrong. We need it to be reasonable and consistent. And it needs to be seen as such. Maybe the VAR system needs to be manned by referees in Edinburgh, Dortmund or Stockholm rather than Stockley Park? We could have some kind of exchange. Of course, coming from a different association won't make it perfect, but it will exist outside the domestic game which is too heavily influenced by top clubs, former players and the desire of the media for specific narratives. We don't mind mistakes as long as it is fair. PGMOL and individual officials (and former officials) are too closely involved in the media and, along with players and ex-players, thay are part of what drives the narrative drama of the domestic game.

JaneB   

Who is going to Spurs gentlemen? 🤔

12 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Who is going to Spurs gentlemen? 🤔

Jose 

JaneB   
6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Jose 

😳😳😳 Any evidence?