• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

Ham   
20 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

Sorry Droy, you're wrong,the referee or the linesman saw nothing wrong, it was only when Klopp stormed onto the pitch that the referee stopped the game, Elliott himself said today it was an accident, and it was NOT a red card.

The referee decided to send him off after seeing the injury and Klopp poking his nose in, just because a player breaks a leg or ankle doesn't mean it was a bad tackle, accident, just like the Son tackle on Gomez last season, if he had anything about him, he should have gone and had another look at it

Spot on. 

On 9/13/2021 at 0:39 AM, chara said:

How can that be a RedC?.....watch the Leeds player and everyone else except Salah who can see close up the result of the tackle...nobody protests or pays any attention to Elliot and the game goes on......the Ref is Red Carding the result..an accident and with no intent....not the tackle....terrible injury but many intentional assaults get missed and with no injury.......when will THEY start watching and officiating our game rather than the controlling of things by a "power group".

Not overturned.  The main argument to do so seems to have been Liverpool's teenager wanting to be popular.

chara   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not overturned.  The main argument to do so seems to have been Liverpool's teenager wanting to be popular.

As good an observation as ever.....still question the RC though.....I still have my "intentional assault" issues as mentioned above...and I hate to mention it because it seems a bit crass...but the Liverpool factor seems to be in play...Pickford "got away" with it ...no way anyone else was going to...or am I being unfair?

59 minutes ago, chara said:

As good an observation as ever.....still question the RC though.....I still have my "intentional assault" issues as mentioned above...and I hate to mention it because it seems a bit crass...but the Liverpool factor seems to be in play...Pickford "got away" with it ...no way anyone else was going to...or am I being unfair?

I think at least half the decisions Liverpool get are fair.  And 95% of the ones that are given against them.  If one wants to argue a case about them being favoured it is probably best to avoid incidents where both legs have been kicked by a different foot.

chara   
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think at least half the decisions Liverpool get are fair.  And 95% of the ones that are given against them.  If one wants to argue a case about them being favoured it is probably best to avoid incidents where both legs have been kicked by a different foot.

Too much logic and common sense there Droy...!...... my bias is absolute and without foundation but I believe in it!....Villa Park....the Doc's Chelsea V Shankley's Liverpool Cup semi...I was behind the Liverpool goal...John Mortimore powers in and heads in the first goal...Lawrence goes up into John with no chance.....clean goal...right in front of me...ref disallows goal for a foul on the keeper....thus bias is born and nurtured over a lifetime!!!

Ham   

Don't be swayed Chara.  It was NOT a red card offence.  It was an accident.  All the hyperbole in the world doesn't change that.  

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Don't be swayed Chara.  It was NOT a red card offence.  It was an accident.  All the hyperbole in the world doesn't change that.  

Most Red card offences are accidents.  Count the feet.  

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Most Red card offences are accidents.  Count the feet.  

Most red card offences result in several team-mates of the 'fouled' player remonstrating with the ref, the 'culprit' and any of the 'culprit's' team-mates who come to his defence.

Nobody reacted initially. None of the Liverpool players or coaching staff seemed to think anything untoward had happened. It was ONLY after the ref had noticed the player was still down and one of his team-mates was frantically calling on the physios that the game was stopped... and it was ONLY after seeing the injury sustained that a red card was given.

None of the commentators at the time seemed to notice a foul until the game had been stopped, and even then there was discussion between whether it was even a foul or not... not was it a yellow or red. That's how much of a red card it was, until the ref - possibly swayed by the injury he saw - decided it was a red.

8 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Most red card offences result in several team-mates of the 'fouled' player remonstrating with the ref, the 'culprit' and any of the 'culprit's' team-mates who come to his defence.
so what?  This was a VAR decision.

Nobody reacted initially.  Salah reacted immediately - frantically as you described.  

...None of the Liverpool players or coaching staff seemed to think anything untoward had happened. It was ONLY after the ref had noticed the player was still down and one of his team-mates was frantically calling on the physios that the game was stopped... and it was ONLY after seeing the injury sustained that a red card was given.  No - it was VAR who called the Red - or at least called the ref to look at the camera - not the injury.  That is how VAR works.

None of the commentators at the time seemed to notice a foul until the game had been stopped, and even then there was discussion between whether it was even a foul or not... not was it a yellow or red. That's how much of a red card it was, until the ref - possibly swayed by the injury he saw - decided it was a red.

FFS are we taking commentators as reliable judges now?  Commentators of course see the incident from their view in the gantry up high and follow the ball.

It was a 2 footed tackle where the player lost control and both feet struck Elliott.

All the talk here seems to be explaining why a normal ref would not have called it.  Fine.

So lets congratulate the VAR/Ref team for getting this one right.  VAR worked and people are moaning.

There was a stat yesterday that said Norwich (under Daniel Farke )has become the first team to lose 15 games in a row in the PL, they lost their  last ten games before getting relegated from the premier league and their first five back in the premier league, can't see how he can survive for much longer, although their board have hardly spent any money to back him.