• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

Zidane   

Chicharito has been fantastic this season tbf, and deserves it over Seamus Coleman for one.

The problem is their idea of ABUism is amplified due to sheer numbers.

Young player of the year - yes.

PLAYER of the year? Not on your nelly. Tevez and others have done far more this season to warrant that title.

droggles   

Drogba got 3 from UEFA, but at least Anelka is a decent striker in the CL.

Wasn't it 5?

Anyway. 0 for that elbow, 2 for a swear word. Weird.

Young player of the year - yes.

PLAYER of the year? Not on your nelly. Tevez and others have done far more this season to warrant that title.

Oh apologies, I assumed that's what you had meant.

Hasn't been a standout performer this season really.

None of the big guns have had great seasons;

Rooney

Fabregas

Van Persie

Gerrard

Lampard (yes, I know he was injured)

Drogs

Torres

World Cup hangover anyone? **turns and runs**

Player of the Year nominations

Charlie Adam (Blackpool)

Gareth Bale (Tottenham)

Scott Parker (West Ham)

Samir Nasri (Arsenal)

Carlos Tevez (Man City)

Nemanja Vidic (Man Utd)

Young Player of the Year nominations

Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Samir Nasri (Arsenal)

Seamus Coleman (Everton)

Gareth Bale (Tottenham)

Nani (Manchester United)

What a staggering poor list that is, the worst I can remember by far. I expected it to be bad this year as the best players in the league haven't performed well this season (Drogba, Torres, Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard etc) but wow, that list is shocking. Charlie Adam and Scott Parker for gods sake!

I have no idea who I'd vote for. Frankenstein's monster I guess. In fairness Nani should really be nominated but after 4 years of winning this award, including turning the award into a lifetime achievement award in 2009 (which was utterly ludicrous), yernited fans can't really complain.

Stim   

Anyone else think Bale has actually done nothing in the league to warrant a nomination?

Sir   

Anyone else think Bale has actually done nothing in the league to warrant a nomination?

No doubt about it. He scored a hat-trick away at Inter, a good goal away at Stoke, but what else has he done? Farcical. And as others have said, what a poor, poor list.

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has accepted a Football Association charge for using offensive language but not the automatic two-match ban.

The 25-year-old swore into a pitchside camera after completing his hat-trick in Saturday's 4-2 win at West Ham.

He is set to miss the league game against Fulham and the FA Cup semi-final against Manchester City.

But Rooney has submitted a claim that the suspension is excessive.

The England star's submission will be heard by an FA disciplinary commission on Wednesday.

Man Utd's Wayne Rooney accepts FA charge but not ban

Whats the betting it gets overturned, one rule for Man U, another for every other team.

What gets me, is on RedCafe they seem to think everybody is against them (the FA, the refs, the media etc).

Stim   

What most people seem to think is that he is getting banned for swearing, and are crying that other players swear and because its united bla bla bla

Why are people completely overlooking the fact that it is because he swore deliberately into a camera?

and then people bring up ashley Cole air rifle incident and no action being taken and I am forced to go outside and breathe a bit.

Liverlad   

I'm sure if those 2 games against Inter had not happened he wouldn't be in that list.

What gets me, is on RedCafe they seem to think everybody is against them (the FA, the refs, the media etc).

To be honest I think every club's fans probably think that about their own club. For example, we'll all think of time players for Utd get away with things e/g Rooney elbow, but not really think to much about when they have been punished, because we'll think 'they deserve it' and move on. Chelsea fans on here give the impression you think the world is against you but as a non-Chelsea fan I've never thought 'God Chelsea get poorly treated'. This probably is just another example.

Why are people completely overlooking the fact that it is because he swore deliberately into a camera?

EXACTLY. The amount of crap people are going on about 'oh so is everyone going to get banned if they swear on the pitch'? No, there is obviously a difference between swearing in play, and running up to a camera on a live game and swearing into it (especially as mentally as he did). Its a shame nobody has pulled up the fact that Ferguson, a Knight of the Realm, seems to think its fine.