• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

Some above average midfields shaping up at our rivals.

No depth, pure and simple. Starting XI's are all well and good, but squads win the league...

Sir   

the most irritating thing about this transfer window so far: Tottenham. Looks like they will have two players I was hoping to get: Dembele and Sigurdsson.

second: Kagawa to ManUtd from my club... although there was nothing that could have been done to prevent it. Dortmund lacked the punch and control they needed in the Champions League, so Kagawa was bound to move on.

third: questions about Chelsea's forwards (or lack thereof) and the loan-out of Lukaku.

lastly, I'm not irritated by Marin coming to Chelsea, but I'm not getting any big hopes for him. Just wait and see how he does. I hope he improves over his play in Germany.

Not that excited over Marin myself, particularly. Think he's going to be a very annoying type of footballer, that will offer flashes, but nothing consistently.

Still think we need a striker, personally.

Not that excited over Marin myself, particularly. Think he's going to be a very annoying type of footballer, that will offer flashes, but nothing consistently.

Still think we need a striker, personally.

I think Marin will do quite well. Sure he'll have to establish himself (which will be difficult with the talent at our disposal) and improve but he's a talented lad - if he can up his level consistenlty, he'll be fine.

I agree we need another striker. A Torres injury/loss of form could be catastrophic.

Let's not ask for trouble, particularly when we've done so much right this window.

Sir   

I think Marin will do quite well. Sure he'll have to establish himself (which will be difficult with the talent at our disposal) and improve but he's a talented lad - if he can up his level consistenlty, he'll be fine.

I agree we need another striker. A Torres injury/loss of form could be catastrophic.

Let's not ask for trouble, particularly when we've done so much right this window.

"A Torres injury/loss of form could be catastrophic."

Answered your own question. Kind of? Was there a question?!?!

But it's true. Lose Torres to an injury, lose Torres to confidence, lose Torres' 'goals,' hell lose him in the high street, anything, and we're kind of stuffed. Saying that, I think we're probably stuffed even if none of that does happen.

Goals could actually be a worry this season. Lampard's getting older, if Torres can't find the net, we need to hope on Hazard and Mata, I guess...... :/

Premier League Week 2: Selected Observations (including Chelsea!), up now on my website:

www.football-analysis.com/premier-league-week-2-observations/

D-man   

Anyone else a bit worried about our game against QPR. Man they are stacking good players as we speak. Should be one hell of a game

Anyone else a bit worried about our game against QPR. Man they are stacking good players as we speak. Should be one hell of a game

Still think they are crap. However, this was where our season went on its head last season after a dream start. When we lost 1-0 to them after the 9 men and then lost to arsenal thats when questions got asked.

Hopefully it isn't copy and paste this season.... Or actually hopefully it is that way we can win the FA cup and CL again...

Still think they are crap. However, this was where our season went on its head last season after a dream start. When we lost 1-0 to them after the 9 men and then lost to arsenal thats when questions got asked.

Hopefully it isn't copy and paste this season.... Or actually hopefully it is that way we can win the FA cup and CL again...

Nah we were crap from first day under AVB. I remember making excuses for that 0-0 draw away at Stoke on opening day, then we were pretty unconvincing in the follow up games too.

QPR will be a solid team this year I feel. I've always respected Mark Hughes, even as a manager. Think he knows what it takes for a team to survive in the top flight.

Nah we were crap from first day under AVB. I remember making excuses for that 0-0 draw away at Stoke on opening day, then we were pretty unconvincing in the follow up games too.

QPR will be a solid team this year I feel. I've always respected Mark Hughes, even as a manager. Think he knows what it takes for a team to survive in the top flight.

Actually we were quite good. Very good offensively but our defense was obviously open to penetration. But we won all our games in CL and PL besides the loss to united and the draw to Stoke. It was a very good convincing start and in my opinion it crumbled after QPHA