• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

He's not overrating him at all. He just said that it was class, which it was. Surely even you can see this?

You have been answered above me.

It wasn't a lucky hit and hope at all, it was a top class finish, simple as that.

Gerrard has no technique. He just hits the ball as hard as he can, and hopes for the best. He misses 9 times out of 10, but occasionally gets lucky. I certainly wouldn't say any of his goals were 'top class'.

Gerrard has no technique. He just hits the ball as hard as he can, and hopes for the best. He misses 9 times out of 10, but occasionally gets lucky. I certainly wouldn't say any of his goals were 'top class'.

The wind up merchant is back!

CFC-Joe   

Give it a rest. We know that in your eyes, he wouldn't make our youth academy. Would it kill you to admit something good about someone other than Torres?

Sciatika   

I'm not a big fan of Gerrard. I know he is a decent player and on his day is a very good club player. It may be club bias. I might be trying to pick holes where none exist. It might simply be that despite being a decent player, imo, he is overrated in the media (as are all players from LFC and MUFC - it goes with the turf). But I just can't bring myself to consider him as any more than a very big fish in a very average-sized 'pool.

To me, great midfielders are able to drag their side into a game by the scruff of the neck. They motivate people around them. They control games by controlling the pace of the game and that means having the technique to control the ball and to act as a fulcrum for attack. Gerrard has done that but the occasions are becoming very rare. To me, Gerrard was never a great one for controlling and passing the ball. To some degree he is the archetypal English player of the past - loads of energy, brilliant engine but lacking in many of the essential skills. He has always had the penchant for the spectacular over the simple which, to me, is poor decision making. More recently, he is beginning to show his age, the injuries are starting to catch up on him and he doesn't have the technique of the likes of Scholes, Pirlo, etc. to make up for it. It's just opinion.

genjuro   

The goal he scored was good yes.......and to be fair he has scored a couple of screamers here and there but as mentioned he is so ridiculously loved and hyped in the media one would think he was a mountain mover. The one Lamps scored against NC is better imo. Funny part is even though stevie me is clearly nowhere near Lamps he still gets the credit.

CFC-Joe   

Did Gerrard get England player of the year award? Oh dear.

Did you really expect anything else? He was nailed on to get it since he became captain.

Did you really expect anything else? He was nailed on to get it since he became captain.

I not sure what is most amazing. A player that has pretty much disappeared off the radar in the last year winning a trophy or a guy who claims to be stupid enough to thing that a DJ was threatening him and his 6 mates is the England captain?