• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

Holymoly   

One of the reasons Ferguson was so successful was his ability to stand up to the club and get his own way. His single minded vision was the bedrock on which United was built. Personally I don't care who takes over, no-one will be able to drive them so forceably.

All of a sudden, United will become just another successful club. The aura has gone and the players won't be able to fill the void in my opinion.

Stunning turn of events.

SAF was a pure winner, single minded, relentless and incredibly successful, you could never write off his teams. It is a testament to his leadership that United won the Premier league so comfortably this season with the squad he has.

Whoever takes over has an incredibly daunting job, huge shoes to fill and a squad packed with mediocre players. If we appoint the right manager and manage to have some stability there is a real chance of City being our only serious rivals for the title for the next few seasons. I think United will find this transition very tough going and will drop off the pace during this period.

It will be crazy to not see Ferguson on the side lines!

Harvz   
It is a testament to his leadership that United won the Premier league so comfortably this season with the squad he has.

The aura has gone and the players won't be able to fill the void in my opinion.

Exactly what they will find to be the problem I reckon. He won things using players like O'Shea, Macheda, Gibson and others who, while are decent players, are nowhere near the calibre that other teams would buy when trying to win the title. That much has been proven by where the majority of them ended up.

Winning is about to become very expensive at OT.

Exactly what they will find to be the problem I reckon. He won things using players like O'Shea, Macheda, Gibson and others who, while are decent players, are nowhere near the calibre that other teams would buy when trying to win the title. That much has been proven by where the majority of them ended up.

Winning is about to become very expensive at OT.

And thanks to the Glazers they simply don't have the money to finance the kind of overhaul the squad needs.

Great news for us!

He won because he knew the importance of a squad and the importance of a single minded focus that emerged within the club basically because of him. Of course to establish himself as such a behemoth at Manchester United in the first place was something very few men can do.

He's more wily in establishing his authority and influence than someone like Jose and has that similar win at all costs albeit in a more subtle way.

I feel weird regarding his retirement, I'd rather he be at the United dugout, still managing, still playing politics and still challenging. Just a weird feeling and one I did not expect.

Ferguson, Ferguson, Ferguson....

Can't forget there is a big game on tonight. :)

article-0-19ADCAAD000005DC-184_634x646.j

Ferguson is obviously scared of being 2nd best behind Chelsea's Mourinho, like he was in the mid 2000's. It would be a wise decision for him to call it a day before Mourinho comes back to start Chelsea's 20 year domination of Engish football.

you couldnt be more wrong..

So glad he's going. Yes,he achieved a great deal at Utd, but his rants and opinions have become boring and tiresome. The FA,Officials and the EPL, never done their job and so allowed him to get away with too many things.

Roll on next season. Oh, and Rafa to Everton??????

It certainly won't be same not seeing the old codger in the OT dugout. When he first got the job, I was still at school! With him gone, will there be another decline just like after Sir Matt Busby abdicated the throne?