• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Champions League

Man United vs Real Madrid, damn, I watched that matched in 2003 when Beckham came off the bench and scored twice. That will be some tie.

Anybody else finding it extra painful that the final is at Wembley? I really wanted to see us at least try and get there, I love seeing Chelsea at Wembley. Still more gutted than usual because of that. Didn't make it in 2011 either.

Man United vs Real Madrid, damn, I watched that matched in 2003 when Beckham came off the bench and scored twice. That will be some tie.

Anybody else finding it extra painful that the final is at Wembley? I really wanted to see us at least try and get there, I love seeing Chelsea at Wembley. Still more gutted than usual because of that. Didn't make it in 2011 either.

Definitely hurting about that. Seeing how they've done 2 in quick succession it won't happen for a very long time again methinks.

Adding more to the topic of coefficients, Europa League very much counts towards it. So we need to make sure there's no risk of becoming a 2nd seed team (I don't think 1 season will affect that though).

Many City fans might not mind being out of Europa, but they'll have a hard draw in the CL again next year without having a chance to sort their ranking out.

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

bert19   

German football in general is just brilliant. The crowds are something else, they really are.

Iduna Park was rocking last night and not just because it was CL or City visiting, but it's actually like that every home game and it's like that across nigh on every team in Germany on match day, immense stuff.

Chatted to a few Bayern fans the day of the final and they said "You have to go to Dortmund to watch football, their fans are amazing."

Pretty much their exact words. Apparently the area behind one of the goals is known as The Black & Yellow Wall or something like that. It's supposed to be unbelievably loud and fun.

I agree with your point about German football in general though, seems like a great place to watch games.

Arsenal are dead in the water by the way.

HA!

bert19   

Definitely hurting about that. Seeing how they've done 2 in quick succession it won't happen for a very long time again methinks.

Adding more to the topic of coefficients, Europa League very much counts towards it. So we need to make sure there's no risk of becoming a 2nd seed team (I don't think 1 season will affect that though).

Many City fans might not mind being out of Europa, but they'll have a hard draw in the CL again next year without having a chance to sort their ranking out.

Our ranking should be fine. We've consistently reached the latter stages for quite a long time. And we won it, so should be all good.

Sir   

What a cracking set of games!!! And how gutting it is for us not to be there, seeing as we're the holders. Sigh.

F&cking hope Shakhtar get raped by Dortmund. And I think they will.

Great to see Arsenal get Bayern and Man Utd get Real Madrid.

No counting chickens but this just MIGHT turn out to be quite enjoyable even in our absence.

The draw was identical to the rehearsal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uisidQxyo6Q

Well of course, it was the rehearsal :P.

All jokes aside that is pretty freaky and will fuel conspiracies I'm sure. From what I remember of previous year rehearsals they were usually quite different from the real thing.

I can't wait to see Arsenal and Manchester United ripped apart and knocked out of the Champions League. It's a shame we've got to wait until February to see Ronaldo score four goals against Man United.

Well of course, it was the rehearsal :P.

All jokes aside that is pretty freaky and will fuel conspiracies I'm sure. From what I remember of previous year rehearsals they were usually quite different from the real thing.

I have seen a lot of odds bandied about - 5000 to 1 is I reckon, the only figure I've seen that approximates the actual odds. But the calculation is tricky to get right. At least 2000 to 1, at most 10,000 to 1. Someone with some credibiity will no doubt be in the press with an exact number.

It is certainly the kind of fluke that sounds incredibly suspicious.

This coincidence demands a thorough investigation.

Failure to investigate is Proof afaic.