• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Champions League

Holymoly   

Pep's not so clever now then.

• Like 1

^ Not according to the media I've been looking at: it's just that Bayern were really, really unlucky. (And, of course, he wouldn't have lost the Citeh game had he been in charge last night!)

Give me strength...

City well beaten last night. Scoreline didn't reflect the game very well at all. Real were a few levels above City and City's big purchases (Sterling and De Bruyne) were embarrassingly bad.

Kevin has two gears. Light jogging and a little faster jogging. No tempo what so ever. His game with the ball (usually his strength) was non-existent and he had a performance like this for us before being sold - Swindon away. 

Sterling just doesn't have anything to his game whatsoever. Mad purchase from City. 

I've been saying it so many times, but £100m for those two is just bonkers. 

Great start for our favourite Brenda "these fans, this club, this city" Rodgers. 

A 1-0 loss against Lincoln Red (G)imps. They're from Gibraltar. 

19 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Great start for our favourite Brenda "these fans, this club, this city" Rodgers. 

A 1-0 loss against Lincoln Red (G)imps. They're from Gibraltar. 

Apparently Celtic showed great "character".

He's not the messiah , he's a very naughty boy.

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently Celtic showed great "character".

He's not the messiah , he's a very naughty boy.

I also believe he said they (Celtic) shouldn't feel embarrassed over the result. 

I think the guy who scored normally works as a police man. 

The CL changes have been brought in and for me at least they are worse than I thought. 

Firstly, club co-efficient is to be partly based on 'historical performance' which is balantly BS, so if Liverpool/AC Milan qualify they look like they'll be seeded above teams such as PSG, City etc, which is obviously nonsense. 

The second big one is that market pool is reduced. This means from my reading that it means clubs from other countries can start taking a share of the our (and to be fair Italy's - the price they've probably had to pay to get so many concessions) CL TV deals. This for me really sticks in my craw as the hippocracy of Real and Barca taking a share of other countries TV revenues while they'll not give a penny to other teams in Spain for the domestic revenues is beyond wrong. 

Third is that the top four all get four automatic qualifiers. This for me doesn't bother me too much as I admit some teams in the CL are just there to get hammered so an additional one/two teams from Italy isn't too bad. However, for me this is also a bit of a missed chance as I think the merits of having a KO round at the 32 and then a group stage for the 16 made a lot of sense as the CL are very dull as on most occasions you can configure the final table as soon as the draw is made. 

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2398899.html

^Actually the idea that all the world's top tennis players should make their way to London for a special event is pretty weird in itself.  That they should come to Wimbledon every year sounds like madness to me.

There was not much wrong with a Moscow final, yet Russia makes little impact on the knock out stages.  

Sounds a good idea to me - much like the 39th PL game that was talked about recently.