• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Champions League

Still lost though didn't we. Wouldnt imagine we'd have too many takers for this consultancy business you're proposing.

Don't give up the day job.

First of WE DIDN'T LOSE. It was 0-0 first leg and 1-1 Second Leg We got cheated PERIOD

Reson we didn't go through is because the god damn ref added on another minute of extra-extra-time to the 2 already given. When the match was supposed to be over at the 92nd min we still had the lead of 1 goal to nil. Then in the 93rd min Iniesta came and scored his goal, leaving it at 1-1 and letting them go through. Funny thing is immediately after we got a clear penalty shout and nothing was given.

The Corruptions League never fails to dissapoint.

Edited by Blue_Fever

Crap ref decisions and all, even a few Barca fans I know admit that Messi struggles against us. First season we had Ashley Cole he was kept quiet to the point that he actually switched sides at the half.

The argument would stand up if Messi of 2007 was the Messi of 2010. He's not - he's better. Lets hope England don't get Argentina at any stage of the World Cup or it we do then I hope Ashley hasnt made the squad because on this form Messi would run rings around anyone.

First of WE DIDN'T LOSE. It was 0-0 first leg and 1-1 Second Leg We got cheated PERIOD

Reson we didn't go through is because the god damn ref added on another minute of extra-extra-time to the 2 already given. When the match was supposed to be over at the 92nd min we still had the lead of 1 goal to nil. Then in the 93rd min Iniesta came and scored his goal, leaving it at 1-1 and letting them go through. Funny thing is immediately after he scored and immidately after the kick off the ref blew the final whistle.

The Corruptions League never fails to dissapoint.

Christ on a trike, let it go would you. What possible difference does it make if it was the 93rd minute or the 3rd? If they had scored AFTER the final whistle and it had stood then you'd have a reason to cripe. It wasnt and you dont.

I've read so many "Drogba is the best striker in the world" crap on here and yet he goes missing for half a season at a time. Messi maybe has had a quiet game in just TWO matches in seasons past and yet "we have his number". The thread has recently become a "How Good is Lionel Messi" topic and the simple answer is that he's the greatest player on the planet by so much more than the proverbial country mile. It should be enough for any and every football fan to just watch him play the game in the manner its supposed to be played - we're currently watching a genius - and yet there is a degree of all too typical Chelsea snobbery that's risen like scum on a soup - "we have his number, we're the best tra la la la la".

It would be laughable if it wasnt quite so repugnant.

I've read so many "Drogba is the best striker in the world" crap on here and yet he goes missing for half a season at a time. Messi maybe has had a quiet game in just TWO matches in seasons past and yet "we have his number". The thread has recently become a "How Good is Lionel Messi" topic and the simple answer is that he's the greatest player on the planet by so much more than the proverbial country mile. It should be enough for any and every football fan to just watch him play the game in the manner its supposed to be played - we're currently watching a genius - and yet there is a degree of all too typical Chelsea snobbery that's risen like scum on a soup - "we have his number, we're the best tra la la la la".

It would be laughable if it wasnt quite so repugnant.

You aren't refering to me when saying this right? It's obvious Messi is the best by a country mile compared to any other striker in the world. I don't think I've ever said otherwise. Also look at the game again and tell me we didn't shut him out in that game. The only thing memorable he did in that game was pass it over to Iniesta for the goal. You must admit that our defense was outstanding to shut him down.

I don't think anyone doubts Messi is the most amzing footballer to grace the game, his tactical awareness, control on the ball, finishing, supporting, and even at times defending is above all else, nobody can doubt that. Messi IS the best footballer hands down. But please for that 90 minutes he was just another player due to how we shut him down. Like the guy above me said he was even forced to switch sides and we still shut him down. If anyone did say that Drogba is the best striker they are down rigt ignorant. People bow to Messi everytime he plays and it's a gift for every single footballer and football fan to watch him.

The argument would stand up if Messi of 2007 was the Messi of 2010. He's not - he's better. Lets hope England don't get Argentina at any stage of the World Cup or it we do then I hope Ashley hasnt made the squad because on this form Messi would run rings around anyone.

And the Messi of Barcelona is not the same Messi of Argentina. I've seen defences with players no one has even heard of in Europe, keeping Argentina's attack quiet during the World Cup qualification.

Edited by Orange Blue

scanz   

Still lost though didn't we. Wouldnt imagine we'd have too many takers for this consultancy business you're proposing.

Don't give up the day job.

Well, actually we drew, but yes we were knocked out due to the away goals rule.

My point was that Arsenal's performance, or lack of, helped Messi's performance. Take a look at the goals, just ridiculous defending, and it hasn't (and imo wouldn't) happened against us.

simon   

Crap ref decisions and all, even a few Barca fans I know admit that Messi struggles against us. First season we had Ashley Cole he was kept quiet to the point that he actually switched sides at the half.

In fairness Ronaldo also struggles against Ashley. Testament to how good a defender he really is.

As good as Messi is and was last night, just look at the defending for each goal, absolutely abysmal.

We've shown the world how you play against Barcelona and yet no one tries to replicate our approach because it's 'not football' or whatever people call it. We should offer a consultancy service on how to play against Barcelona.

If Inter have all their players fit, then I quite fancy them.

They cannot replicate it,we're better than any other team Barca has played in the last few months.The only team that can compare to our incredible defensive capabilities and tactical awareness are Manutd,at least they were two years ago when they knocked them out to play us in the final.This is not arrogant,it's a fact,we shoulda won that game by a three goal margin,we didn't though,due to some bad misses and that filthy mother****er Overbo or whatever his name was.The fact that they scored that freak goal doesn't take anything away from how dominant and brilliant we were in BOTH matches.For 180 minutes there was only one frustrated team on the pitch.And yes Messi is the best,BUT he didn't do **** during those 180 odd mins worth remembering.And we didn't even have Ash for the for the Nou Camp clash.It was not coincidental that he disappeared precisely when playing against Chelsea.

The argument would stand up if Messi of 2007 was the Messi of 2010. He's not - he's better.

A lame argument. He was starting for the then CL winners at the time at 19, that's not an easy feat.

Lets hope England don't get Argentina at any stage of the World Cup or it we do then I hope Ashley hasnt made the squad because on this form Messi would run rings around anyone.

He's been atrocious for Argentina for the last two years, even before Maradona was their manager.

Messi maybe has had a quiet game in just TWO matches in seasons past and yet "we have his number". The thread has recently become a "How Good is Lionel Messi" topic and the simple answer is that he's the greatest player on the planet by so much more than the proverbial country mile. It should be enough for any and every football fan to just watch him play the game in the manner its supposed to be played - we're currently watching a genius - and yet there is a degree of all too typical Chelsea snobbery that's risen like scum on a soup - "we have his number, we're the best tra la la la la".

Bad logic. No one has said or implied that Messi struggling against us means he's crap. He's a damn good footballer but guess what? He has struggled against us. That doesn't equal to"ROFL Messi struggles against us, that means he's crap." FFS we managed to contain him with a RB playing at LB in the first leg.

Ronaldo (Captain Hairgel) has struggled against us, Ronaldinho at his best struggled against us. That doesn't mean that they're crap, it just means that when they come up against sides that know how to defend they struggle.

Rooney starts for United. Ferguson is such an old liar!

Dingus   

Rooney starts for United. Ferguson is such an old liar!

I think it's more of the fact that he'd rather play a half fit Rooney over a fully fit Berbatov.....