OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Champions League

4,188 posts in this topic

Inter were quite simply embarrassing to watch. So slow, no width, nothing. I will be very surprised if United fail to beat them at home

I think not conceding will go down well with the players and boost their confidence for the second leg. As said before, all they need is a 1-1 and they're through. Jose will be happier than Slur Alex with this one. Not happy, but happier.

And even if it was a foul, it was certainly not yellow-card worthy. Rooney has made some insane moves before, but a player's past must never come into account in a certain incident. He was right in this case.

I can't see why it shouldn't. Rooney and Ronaldo are twats of the highest order and nothing pleases me more to see these two suffer at the hand of referees.

United will be better than this at home. The idea that Inter could play like this at home and then expect to do better in England is odd. Today, United could've been 2-0, 3-0 up by half-time. Mourinho has alot of work to do because I don't see Man United not scoring this many chances at Old Trafford.

And then add the fact that they had O'Shea and Evans in defence. When Vidic comes back, things will be exponentially harder for Inter to score on. Rooney didn't play apart from a few minutes either (returned from injury?).

United won't be that much better because they played very well tonight and as you said, they should have been ahead by half time, fact is, they weren't and once again Jose shows his teams are difficult to score against.

Playing at Old Trafford may even suit Inter more than it will United. United will be under pressure to go on the attack with numbers, making the game open and perhaps playing into Jose's hands as his solid team can sit back, soak up the pressure and catch them on the break or nick a goal at a set piece or whatever.

Inter can go through with a score draw, they only need to score 1 goal, if they do, United will need 2 and as we know Jose's teams don't like to concede 1 let alone 2 goals.

Advantage Inter imo.

Inter were quite simply embarrassing to watch. So slow, no width, nothing. I will be very surprised if United fail to beat them at home

Inter were not able to get behind the defence which was disappointing. I hope Inter would be able to get the result they need at Old Trafford because nothing would please me more than seeing the back of SAF and his team.

United won't be that much better because they played very well tonight and as you said, they should have been ahead by half time, fact is, they weren't and once again Jose shows his teams are difficult to score against.

That's the thing, I didn't think United played that well. They were unsure with passes, movement etc... The only thing they kept solid when needed was their final line of defence, but otherwise I thought they weren't very good (weren't bad, of course).

I think Inter were so poor they made United look very good.

Inter can win this round, the 0-0 should give them relief they weren't spanked (not happy, but relief), but they need a marked improvement to win. If they do so, then maybe we have a competition in our hands at Manchester. But I'll say it now, if they play the same as they did overall today in OT, they'll be humiliated.

Their goalie was very good and er... that was it tbh. Ibrahimovic did two or three things in 90 minutes, Adriano ran about bless him to no end, Muntari was given Ronaldo defending duties but wasn't really up to the task, and their defender Rivas? never seen this bugger in my life and what the hell is he doing in a Champions League? Seriously?

That's the thing, I didn't think United played that well. They were unsure with passes, movement etc... The only thing they kept solid when needed was their final line of defence, but otherwise I thought they weren't very good (weren't bad, of course).

first half Inter couldn't get a hold of the ball because United were so good. If Rooney was on the pitch in the first half I believe they probably would have got the elusive goal. The only player that let United down a bit tonight was Berbatov, wasn't at his best in the slightest, other than that United were very good mate, probably the best I've seen them play for a while because of late they have been scraping the old 1-0 wins and perhaps not playing to their best.

Inter can win this round, the 0-0 should give them relief they weren't spanked (not happy, but relief), but they need a marked improvement to win. If they do so, then maybe we have a competition in our hands at Manchester. But I'll say it now, if they play the same as they did overall today in OT, they'll be humiliated.

They will have learnt from some of the mistakes they made in the first half, I think the only major mistake they made was underestimating United. To me it looked as if they thought they would be the one's who would control the ball, control the pace of the game and so on, but it was United and Inter won't make this same mistake in the 2nd leg, we saw in the 2nd half that Jose won't allow it. Way I see it is that United can't get that much better, whilst Inter can improve a fair bit which, along with the fact they only need a score draw to go through, gives Inter the advantage because United won't know what to expect in the 2nd leg, whereas Inter have seen United's best.

Their goalie was very good and er... that was it tbh. Ibrahimovic did two or three things in 90 minutes, Adriano ran about bless him to no end, Muntari was given Ronaldo defending duties but wasn't really up to the task, and their defender Rivas? never seen this bugger in my life and what the hell is he doing in a Champions League? Seriously?

Yes Cesar had a good game, and I thought Cambiasso was brilliant also. Apart from that no one else really done anything of note, Santon looked a good player and obviously Cordoba was definitely a better option than Rivas, he was very poor.

Didn't watch the game, only turned on occasionally whilst I was entertaining the relatives but what I did see was not pretty (from Inter).

Inter have been playing poorly in the Champions League all season and not much better in the league in truth but the bottom line is last season under Mancini that would have been a 2-0 or 3-0 whitewash playing poorly under Mourinho it's a goalless draw.

Jose won't be entirely thrilled, they were hardly a stellar advertisement for Italian football and first half they appeared scared but the bottom line is they Man Utd for all their good play did not score.

And despite not deserving it, they go to OT at least with a slim chance of scoring an upset.

Although frankly if they play like they did in this leg as they did at OT then they will get well beat. I must admit I thought that Man Utd would put at least a few goals past them and they should have done in truth.

I should also add that Inter actually play better away from home than they do at home, same in the league too.

I see Arsenal who in the league can't beat anyone of note managed to win against Roma, whether that says something about the Italian league after tonight's displays I don't know.

Surprised to see Barca only get a draw, have the wheels started to fall off the wagon there?

A few months back they would have tonked them.

Yes Cesar had a good game, and I thought Cambiasso was brilliant also. Apart from that no one else really done anything of note, Santon looked a good player and obviously Cordoba was definitely a better option than Rivas, he was very poor.

I forgot about Cambiasso. He seemed to know what he was doing, at least.

As for Berbatov, apart from two/three times he showed good touches, bad game. You're right, the rest of the team did well, but I thought they were simply solid as they didn't have much to challenge them.

I can't see why it shouldn't. Rooney and Ronaldo are twats of the highest order and nothing pleases me more to see these two suffer at the hand of referees.

:)

I know this is a bit rich me discussing the game when I didn't see it but to listen to the pundits so far they all seem to think Man Utd were really good Nona and that Inter were poor. Personally I think that Man Utd were not as good as they were painted but equally I think Inter should be given a little credit for not letting Man Utd score. Whenever a team supposedly are termed brilliant and another team dire and yet the scoreline ends goalless I always think well if they were that good and the opposition really that bad why didn't they score? But I'm not surprised that you thought Inter were poor, whenever I've seen them they've looked slow and ponderous but they are acquiring Mourinho's stubborness slowly but surely - whether that's enough against Man Utd in a a few weeks time I'm not so sure.

Julio Cesar is the player in the best form at the moment for Inter, he's been frankly brilliant all season, VDS may be earning plaudits in the EPL but I'd say JC is playing out of his skin at the moment. Ibra disappeared as usual, Adriano is trying his best poor love as for Rivas well he's only playing because Samual is injured - Samuel is Jose's usual choice, although that back line has had so many changes due to injury that he does tended to swap them around a lot.

How did young Santon do? He's Mourinho's young find in that back line, only 18, I think he could go along way, Mourinho took a big risk playing him.

I have to agree with you Nona that Inter should have been well beat and if they play like that at OT they will get spanked. It was a relief when I did flick back on the TV and saw they had run out 0-0 I couldn't get over it. Jose should be giving thanks to a higher power that Inter got away with that performance.

Edited by mercury