• Current Donation Goals

OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Champions League

syza   

Indeed Twente haven't looked great so far, they're feeling the loss of manager I think.

Bremen just signed Diego, and will be a very dangerous team again. Diego, Marin and Pizarro will be a test for Spurs credentials.

Who did Liverpool get? I didn't see them being drawn out!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick89   

Indeed Twente haven't looked great so far, they're feeling the loss of manager I think.

Bremen just signed Diego, and will be a very dangerous team again. Diego, Marin and Pizarro will be a test for Spurs credentials.

Will be a great test for Spurs, and I believe and hope it'll be a great game between two teams which are very physical. Anyway I saw both Werder Bremen's games against Sampdoria and they DID NOT play well in either. But Spurs also got run-over in the first leg against Young Boys. First thirty minutes were too fast for them and they conceded three goals. Great test between the outsiders of German and English football.

Bremen just signed Diego

What are you on about? Diego went to Wolfsburg.

Sir   

Just wanted to say my rather disgust at Sneijder winning midfielder of the year. Not just saying this because I'm a Robben fan, but if you look at it he does deserve the award. Sneijder did win the competition, but he had some amazing players around him, where as Robben didn't, especially when looking at the woeful defence and goalkeeper. He scored 4 vital goals, 2 being world class winning goals in the knock out stages, and both away from home. I really fail to see how they can give the award to Sneijder.

Nick89   

Just wanted to say my rather disgust at Sneijder winning midfielder of the year. Not just saying this because I'm a Robben fan, but if you look at it he does deserve the award. Sneijder did win the competition, but he had some amazing players around him, where as Robben didn't, especially when looking at the woeful defence and goalkeeper. He scored 4 vital goals, 2 being world class winning goals in the knock out stages, and both away from home. I really fail to see how they can give the award to Sneijder.

I really see your point, mate. But Sneijder as just been absolutely worldclass and today he's a winner and Robben's the loser (Champions League wise) and that counts alot in those votes.

I agree Robben should have won the award. Sneijder was excellent however Robben was exceptional - the integral part in getting a rather jaded Bayern team to the finals. Likewise in the WC he was the best player in a Dutch side that progressed to the finals.

A player of his calibre deserves the plaudits when he so obviously delivers.

Sir   

I agree with both of you, I really think Robben deserved the award, even though he didn't win. As you say, it can be fickle because if he did win the competition, he would of won the award. But Sneijder for the Ballon d'or, please. I would put Robben way ahead of Sneijder to win that award, but then if I'm being honest, surely Messi has to win the award again ?

I would put Robben way ahead of Sneijder to win that award, but then if I'm being honest, surely Messi has to win the award again ?

I think the WC will play a part in determining the winner. On that basis, I wouldn't be surprised or particularly critical if Xavi ends up winning it.