• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morla

Travel Arrangements To Old Trafford

Morla   

How does everyone get up to Manchester then??

I'm planning on going, thats whether I can get myself a ticket!!

anyone know what the points required will likely be?

Whats it like getting the train there?

I live near London.

Long journey?

or will we be running coaches?

Or I may even drive!! will seem a little strange not sinking a few pints, but if thats the best way to get there, I'll go with it.

Thanks in advance.

darbo92   

umm well I'm quite sure there will no loyalty points involved as we only use them for home games

about getting there if you can get yourself to watford junction, euston, kings x or paddington you can get a train to manchester piccadily which from there you can hop on a bus or use manchester's metro to get from picadily to old trafford and from old trafford station the stadium is probably about a 10 min walk, I have done this from watford junction before and it and its not a bad way to get there if you get a direct train its not too long either.

Thomas cook will definitely have a train or coach going up dunno how much theyll charge for that. Car is ok as well if your ok to drive back but parking can be tricky, if I get tickets I think my dads going to drive us up to manchester

Morla   

When I say loyalty points, I mean, as in how many will we need to get access to tickets.

and yeah can get to Paddington - easy!

How longs the train then? if ya get a direct one?/ how much?

and whats the crack with Thomas Cook then? how much will the coach be? / do ya know the pick up points??

I spose its best if I ask them init.

cheers for the reply anyway.

When I say loyalty points, I mean, as in how many will we need to get access to tickets.

and yeah can get to Paddington - easy!

How longs the train then? if ya get a direct one?/ how much?

and whats the crack with Thomas Cook then? how much will the coach be? / do ya know the pick up points??

I spose its best if I ask them init.

cheers for the reply anyway.

try

www.nationalrail.co.uk It's very handy

or thetrainline.com for buying tickets

Also, if I got a taxi after the game how long would it take to get to Piccadilly?

PS. Mods, I think this is in the wrong forum, it needs to be in the Travel Arrangements and Info one for maximun exposure.

WPAULWIN   
try

www.nationalrail.co.uk It's very handy

or thetrainline.com for buying tickets

Also, if I got a taxi after the game how long would it take to get to Piccadilly?

PS. Mods, I think this is in the wrong forum, it needs to be in the Travel Arrangements and Info one for maximun exposure.

Check out the various links mentioned above.

You can buy tkts now via Virgin trains,and, you may find that you can book cheap(er) ticket & if Chelsea run coaches or trains that are cheaper (or you do not get a tkt) it will only cost you only a fiver to cancel your tkt with Virgin . FYI, I booked train tickets as soon as the game (+Lpool) was switched to a Sunday for £50ish for myself and son(15) using a Family rail card.

With a bit of thought and effort you can get some decent travel deals.

Also..... to get to Piccadilly after the game, there is a train station next to the ground that runs shuttles..... if this is not working there are additional buses laid on..... plus, you can use the 2/3 metro stations near the stadium............... ask an adult to show you how the internet works.........

Also..... to get to Piccadilly after the game, there is a train station next to the ground that runs shuttles..... if this is not working there are additional buses laid on..... plus, you can use the 2/3 metro stations near the stadium............... ask an adult to show you how the internet works.........

I know that, but the thing is I might need to rush back to Piccadilly after the game to catch a train back to London, so I'm guessing taxi will be the quickest way...? So how long do you reckon it might take? Cheers.

WPAULWIN   
I know that, but the thing is I might need to rush back to Piccadilly after the game to catch a train back to London, so I'm guessing taxi will be the quickest way...? So how long do you reckon it might take? Cheers.

I wouldn't rely on getting a taxi (unless you have booked it before had) I'm booked on the 7.15 Virgin train from Piccadilly and I'm planning to use the normal stuttle bus from outside the ground or the tram to Piccadilly.

darbo92   

yeah I knew you meant how many loyalty points are needed to get hold of tickets but I do not think away tickets are not sold on a loyalty points basis - wouldn't we have sold fulham away on loyalty points if we did for away games

I wouldn't rely on getting a taxi (unless you have booked it before had) I'm booked on the 7.15 Virgin train from Piccadilly and I'm planning to use the normal stuttle bus from outside the ground or the tram to Piccadilly.

And what time would you expect to get to Piccadilly if you left fairly shortly after the game finished?