• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nona_valente

Chelsea 2 Cluj 1

Man of the Match  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• Čech
    • Bosingwa
    • Alex
    • Terry
    • A. Cole
    • Mikel
    • Deco
    • Ballack
    • Joe Cole
    • Kalou
    • Anelka
    • Drogba
    • Belletti
    • Bridge
    • None of them deserve it

Chelsea won 2-1 against Cluj, away, in the Champions League this evening.

Please use this thread for reaction to the Cluj match.

Please note that this forum is a privilege and it's abuse will result in it's deletion. Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things.

Well... we now have a selection headache don't we? Drogba and Anelka are both playing well and seem to be able to function well in the same team. Who gets dropped now?

Well... we now have a selection headache don't we? Drogba and Anelka are both playing well and seem to be able to function well in the same team. Who gets dropped now?

don't think either needs to be dropped. The style we played towards the end looked extremely dangerous. I thinks its more of a case of which midfielder gets dropped

I still think given a run they could form a successful partnership, at least then we wouldn't have to depend on wingers as much.

Second in the group...now we need to avoid a big team in the next round. No Barca please!

I think the're runners up as well?I love you Chels,hope we'll be aable to improve,nice to see Didi back.JT MotM!

There we are - nice and easy. We do need to up our performance levels for the latter stages of the CL and more importantly our home games at home, but we made it, beautiful second goal too :)

Hopefully no injuries and we can now relax and prepare for Sunday.

Go Chelsea :D

chelsea_matt :P

I actually liked how we played today. We applied a level of pressure and looked for holes from the beginning. With time, a goal would have to come; that's why you never want to be held with your backs to the wall by another team.

First goal was a good one. Kalou stopped the ball with one touch, which gave him all the time to shoot. Had he used bad first touch, he would've surely been tackled before getting a chance to shoot. And he shot the ball to the roof of the net, giving no chance for Cluj's goalie to save.

The second goal was better, with an excellent chip from Mikel and a a second great one-touch chip from Joe Cole. Drogba still had work to do, and despite seeming otherwise, Drogba has an impressive control of the ball most of the time. One touch, two touch... goal. Sublime team-work.

I'm frankly not sure how Kone got the space to head the ball so well (must see replay), but it was an excellent cross of theirs.

MOM: Mikel, who kept us in the game with some great tackles and that moment he stopped Cluj from scoring in an empty net with a flying kick (it seemed as such) was top class.

Good game, good win... onwards!!!

My choices for second round was simple: Ranieri first, Mourinho second and Barcelona third. Mourinho isn't a choice now, so it's either Juventus or Barcelona. Bring them on I say, bring them bloody on.