• Announcements

• Forum Administrator

New cfcuk fanzine out today!   02/07/2016

If you can't get to the match, why not download the latest cfcuk fanzine. It's the word on street from the fans that matter!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wozniacki

The Tennis Topic

0 posts in this topic

I see here, there are topics about the Grand Slams only but there are lot of other interesting tournaments during the tennis season. I follow tennis since 1990, much more the WTA than the ATP to be honnest. Martina Hingis is my idol but I know what happened to her. At ATP side I used to like Stefan Edberg and like a bit Roger Federer. At Women's side I like Caroline Wozniacki, Anna Chakvetadze, Maria Kirilenko, Ana Ivanovic, Lucie Safarova, Agnes Szavay.

Will update this topic as much as I can. ;)

Will update this topic as much as I can. ;)

Please do, I enjoy tennis a lot but I only really watch the grand slams and rarely the smaller competitions.

I used to play tennis at school a few years ago, it's a great sport that I enjoy especially in the summer.

Roger Federer is immense so I root for him considering we have no good English players, hopefully Laura Robson will do well even though she was born in Australia I think but represents us.

My hero when I was a kid was the Aussie John Newcombe. I remember the Wimbledon final against Ken Rosewall when Newcombe fell trying to reach a shot and Rosewall rushed to the net concerned when he didn't get up quickly. He finally lifted himself gingerly off the grass, swinging his arm loosely from the elbow and everyone laughed.

After Newcombe, it was of course Bjorn Borg. Always preferred him over Jimmy Connors or McEnroe. Liked Boris Becker. Never really warmed to Sampras or Ivan Lendl. Ladies players are decidedly cuter these days, but I'm not sure any of them would have beaten Navratilova in her prime. Liked Yvonne Goolagong in the early 70's!

I am a big Rafa fan so I follow all the tournaments I can find livestreams for.I am really looking forward to this tennis year,the begin was very promising.

My hero when I was a kid was the Aussie John Newcombe. I remember the Wimbledon final against Ken Rosewall when Newcombe fell trying to reach a shot and Rosewall rushed to the net concerned when he didn't get up quickly. He finally lifted himself gingerly off the grass, swinging his arm loosely from the elbow and everyone laughed.

After Newcombe, it was of course Bjorn Borg. Always preferred him over Jimmy Connors or McEnroe. Liked Boris Becker. Never really warmed to Sampras or Ivan Lendl. Ladies players are decidedly cuter these days, but I'm not sure any of them would have beaten Navratilova in her prime. Liked Yvonne Goolagong in the early 70's!

I take it you had a thing for Aussie tennis players in the 60's/70's.

I am a big Rafa fan so I follow all the tournaments I can find livestreams for.I am really looking forward to this tennis year,the begin was very promising.

I know Liverpool haven't done too well recently, but this is ridiculous.

Earlier I used to root for Goran Ivanisevic and Pat Rafter - one of the very few serve n volley players in the new generation. Amongst the ladies, I used to back Hingis.

Current generation - Federer is great to watch, but he seems to have found his nemesis in Nadal. I can't see him beating Nadal for the next 2-3 years; till there is a drop in Nadal's pace.

I know Liverpool haven't done too well recently, but this is ridiculous.

Do not even joke with that:))

Current generation - Federer is great to watch, but he seems to have found his nemesis in Nadal. I can't see him beating Nadal for the next 2-3 years; till there is a drop in Nadal's pace.

duno about that, Nadal has a slight injury I think? It could affect him later on in the year, I think Federer will go all out to win Wimbledon and I hope he wins it tbh.