• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lea Blue4

Away Support At Liverpool

For a change I ended up with a pair of my Customers Season Tickets at Anfield for me and my son. We sat in the Centenary Stand right on the halfway line. Almost a Corporate Day Out.

Very strange it was too. A very good bar and restaurant area that served good food and drink at pub prices. Nicely decorated, comfy, warm and friendly. The oddest thing was that awful whining sound coming from just about every table.

For the match I admitted to the blokes that sat next to us that we were Chelsea and they were ok. Even when they scored they didn't take the pee.

This is the only time that I've seen Chelsea play away as an opposition fan would see it. So did you outsing them??

You decide...

Mate I know what I saw and heard, it just bears out what I knew to be true all the time....

Shouldn't this thread be in the Competitions/Quiz Forum, and do we get multiple choice anwers?

That they have no atmosphere? And only started singing when they scored?

....Which was absolute quality throughout.

At the start, during YAWN, we could clearly hear chants of Chelsea! Chelsea! Chelsea! - BTW half the Mickey's around us didn't seem to know the words which was quite funny.

Throughout the match we could hear Chelsea songs more than anything else. They often responded with their F**k off Chelsea FC or Where's your European Cup? But it was rather muted to say the least

Could clearly see you doing the Bouncy, which looked good. Steve Gerrard etc came through loud and clear loads of time, as did Murderers, In your Liverpool Slums, Carefree.

The bloke that I was talking to next to me commented just how loud we were in comparison to other teams that have come to Anfield. All he could really say was to come to a European night.

The bulk of the fans around me spent most of the match slagging off Benitez, Riera and Skyrtel. Obviously Stevie Me is a saint and can't do any wrong - but we knew that anyway.

Must admit to leaving when it went 1-0 to them. My Boy had seen enough too, so we legged it.

On the way out there was one bloke who was moaning that he'd put a tenner on for them to win 2-0 with Torres to get 1st goal. Well I think that's what he said - it was almost completely un-intelligble. I felt like kicking him down the stairs. At this point it was still 1-0. We didn't realise that they got another until we were in the car. Tosser! wonder if he got his winnings?

So, to answer my original question about outsinging them, 100% nailed on you did, well for at least 89 minutes anyway. The only positive I could draw from a poor day really. Well done to all that went.

....Which was absolute quality throughout.

At the start, during YAWN, we could clearly hear chants of Chelsea! Chelsea! Chelsea! - BTW half the Mickey's around us didn't seem to know the words which was quite funny.

Throughout the match we could hear Chelsea songs more than anything else. They often responded with their F**k off Chelsea FC or Where's your European Cup? But it was rather muted to say the least

Could clearly see you doing the Bouncy, which looked good. Steve Gerrard etc came through loud and clear loads of time, as did Murderers, In your Liverpool Slums, Carefree.

The bloke that I was talking to next to me commented just how loud we were in comparison to other teams that have come to Anfield. All he could really say was to come to a European night.

The bulk of the fans around me spent most of the match slagging off Benitez, Riera and Skyrtel. Obviously Stevie Me is a saint and can't do any wrong - but we knew that anyway.

Must admit to leaving when it went 1-0 to them. My Boy had seen enough too, so we legged it.

On the way out there was one bloke who was moaning that he'd put a tenner on for them to win 2-0 with Torres to get 1st goal. Well I think that's what he said - it was almost completely un-intelligble. I felt like kicking him down the stairs. At this point it was still 1-0. We didn't realise that they got another until we were in the car. Tosser! wonder if he got his winnings?

So, to answer my original question about outsinging them, 100% nailed on you did, well for at least 89 minutes anyway. The only positive I could draw from a poor day really. Well done to all that went.

Thanks Lea Blue4. It's good to get a perspective from another part of the ground.