Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShedBoy91

Chelsea Fans On District Line

0 posts in this topic

Mail On Sunday

A piece from the paper today. What a knob.

More in that piece about non-Chelsea than Chelsea, isn't there? And he's right about the ringtone.

If he heard offensive ch anting at the game he'd have a story, but he didn't. It's a non story as far as Chelsea is concerned.

I heard no murderers chanting from where I was sitting on Tuesday and his source was a third party which he fails to give any detail on. As Grahame points out it's more relevant to supporters of clubs that have trod over the line of decency namely Liverpool and Utd so why begin the piece as if it's a wholesale Chelsea problem. Chelsea Football Club are not accountable for 3 blokes on the tube on Saturday night.

Vicious offensive chants are wrong, but not if it is just a bit of banter. However the tone of the article for me made it seem very anti-atmosphere, especially the part about standing. I think I am just too idealistic.

Another pathetic non story to try and demean us as far as I'm concerned. They really are clutching at very thin straws.

Patrick Collins- who is a decent writer and makes an interesting read - does have a problem with Chelsea. And, whenever he makes a general point, he manages to use an 'experiance' with Chelsea as an example. I'd doubt (I) he was on the district line and (ii) he hung around Chelsea for a couple of hours after the Bolton game.

My guess is a certain Mr Bates took offence to something who wrote in the past and either banned him for a period from The Bridge or sued him (or both) and when ever he gets the chance he has a little dig- the last one was a little piss take of Lamps after Lamps had mentioned trainees get things to easy.

Interestingly, in the same edition, he writes a very complementary peice about Hiddink and the team

So he's saying that Liverpool had no wrong-doing in the Heysel disaster?

There's a thin line between harmless banter and offending people, I always try and stay within the banter section but this article just sounds like he'd like everyone to sit down and drink tea with a top hat on whilst commenting on the marvelous play between the two centre forwards - preferably on the coach at home - (also seems like the way the Hillsborough family spokesman wants things, believe he said he wants no standing what-so-ever, but I'm going off topic).

Clearly he doesn't know anything about terrace football and so he should just stick to writing match reports.

He's got a point I suppose about some of the issues raised, but it's put across and written awfully.

Sounds like a person who travels more on the tube than attends football matches, pointless drivel and not worth the effort in writing it.