Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueFlag999

Which Came First Kalou's Or Torres' Song?

0 posts in this topic

I don't know the words of the Torres song but know that their variation of the tune isn't as good as Kalou's even though scousers probably sing it every game. It's a shame we don't sing Kalou's song much but does anyone know which song came first?

Kalou's song is sung far too often in my opinion. It's a big favourite in the pubs before games and at the ground.

Kalous song came first, the original incarnation is different to todays version though which may have confused you, the origianl Kalou song if I remember correctly the last few lines went like 'watford away we were there, he can't shoot but we dont care', we had it at least a full season before the scousers robbed the tune, as well as arsenal for eduardo and man utd for fletcher.

I'm led to believe that the Kalou song started after his late winner at Watford in March '07. Instead of the Riise bit it went 'He can't finish but we don't care, 'because Watford away we were there...'

So I guess that means ours came first, but never really caught on until the change of lyrics to favour his cross to Riise. I tried to get it going at Upton Park last Saturday after he scored but it didn't really get going.

I remember reading on this forum last year that it was first sung at Watford away as well. Shame it didn't catch on earlier as now most people associate the tune with the Scousers.

Kalou song came first, then not sure but I think everton came up with the torres one??

United first used it about 5 years ago for John O'shea 'when johnny comes marching home ' the dippers nicked it from them.

Thanks for your answers. The scousers'll never stop nicking things I guess