Non Chelsea: European League Football

2,599 posts in this topic

Barca were just World class against Malaga and they could have scored more

Real won aswell so 6 points still the difference

Ibrahimovic helped Inter to a 2-0 win and AC drew 0-0

Barca were just World class against Malaga and they could have scored more

Real won aswell so 6 points still the difference

Ibrahimovic helped Inter to a 2-0 win and AC drew 0-0

Barcelona have been performing like that all season and Malaga are not even a bad side!

Usual from Madrid nothing amazing but a good 3 points for them.

I wouldn't want Toulalan tbh, I don't rate him that highly.

Plus Lyon are still first place, so I don't get why everyone's criticising them.

You can't have seen him play that often mate, you just wouldn't be saying that. I wonder what you can fault him for? He's clearly very talented, his work rate is tremendous, tackles better than anyone in the French league, can play virtually anywhere in midfield (doesn't score goals though, so AMF is out) shows up in the big games, doesn't have an attitude problem (I honestly don't think I've ever heard him say he was happy with one of his performances, always trying to better himself), and has taken over from Maka in the France DMF role, beating Lassana and Alou Diarra, Sablé, Mavuba and countless other very talented players in that position. Of all the players that currently have the level to deal with the Premiership, Toulalan and Benzema are the two that stand out.

As for why everyone is criticising Lyon, how about recent form of D-D-L-L-L-W. Hardly impressive, is it? If I'm not mistaken, it's their worst run since 1999. IF Juninho and Benzema go, and they are not replaced by absolute top quality, Lyon will lose their influence, as the rest of the French league is slowly but surely catching up. I hope it's not the other way round, that Lyon is simply slipping down and the league is faltering to even worse mediocrity.

(And I'll say it now, I'd absolutely f***in' love to see Toula at CFC, there, it's said)

(And I'll say it now, I'd absolutely f***in' love to see Toula at CFC, there, it's said)

same here mate, could you imagine him and Essien in the same midfield? Would be immense.

same here mate, could you imagine him and Essien in the same midfield? Would be immense.

It's called a steamroller, or a mobile wall. In midfield. Whichever name you prefer.

A 1-0 away win for Barcelona and Real Madrid this week so it's still a 6 point gap. Inter win and maintain the lead they have as Juve the nearest challengers draw 3-3. And to add Cazorla and Fernandes both suffer broken legs for their clubs so hope they get better soon.

Wow, I hadn't noticed the response here.

I don't know why I said Toulalan, I was in fact thinking of Kallstrom. So um, I really can't explain that, but yes.

And they're still top of the table, so being dubbed mediocre was pretty harsh. On top of that, they only won by a few points last year.

Last season Lyon was in transition though, and they still won it! Kallstrom was absolutely brilliant a coule of seasons back, should've been snapped up by a top English or Spanish club but, Alas, he wasn't and therefore hasn't really progressed. I think it was in the group stages 3 years ago in the CL he scored a screamer against Kiev of Bucarest that surpassed anything the likes of Robinho, Shevchenko, Berbatov or even Adebayor (untill last night), which I chose to name because I think they are overrated way above the level Kallstrom is, have ever accomplished. Long ball to the left of the box, he controls it with the outside of his weak foot before it hits the ground, without looking at the ball coming to him, RB tugging away at his shirt, keeps on running and volleys it into the net from about 25 yards, still not having let the ball hit the ground. He didn't score many that season I think, but they were always quality and his work rate was outstading.

Barcelona with a 2-0 win over Recre to maintain the 9 point gap. Inter draw 2-2 at home but Juve couldn't manage a win to maintain some sort of pressure.