Sir

Non Chelsea: European League Football

2,599 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think the real question here is who gives a flying Fxxx about the Europa League.

If you really want to believe that Sevilla are better than Liverpool, go for it.

I saw it with my own eyes, just last night!!!

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think the real question here is who gives a flying Fxxx about the Europa League.

If you really want to believe that Sevilla are better than Liverpool, go for it.

50 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I saw it with my own eyes, just last night!!!

What Singleton said.

Unless of course you are of the belief that everytime your argument is shot to pieces (basically any time a Spanish and English team play each other), it's because the losing side is actually better than the winning side. It's a strange argument and one that doesn't have much basis in reality.

Also, I'm not only talking about the Europa League though. I'm talking about the fact that Spanish teams seem to have no issue winning against their English counterparts regardless of whether that is in the CL or the EL. 

I know you are very keen on rubbishing the EL. Sure, not the most exciting tournament but the whole 'English teams doesn't take it seriously' mantra just doesn't fly anymore. They clearly do, and still they get well beaten by Spanish sides. 

Liverpool spent £180m for their 14 players. Sevilla spent £40m. A point I've spent the best part of two years trying to explain to you to no avail. Spending money isn't a guarantee of quality. Football is so much more than who spent the most £££.

Not that I want to get embroiled in a La Liga vs EPL debate, but there is far more money in the EPL (sponsorship, tv distribution, gate receipts etc.) and we certainly do spend it - that's why Liverpool's squad cost £180m to assemble whereas Sevilla's cost £40m.

33 minutes ago, bluecueball said:

Not that I want to get embroiled in a La Liga vs EPL debate, but there is far more money in the EPL (sponsorship, tv distribution, gate receipts etc.) and we certainly do spend it - that's why Liverpool's squad cost £180m to assemble whereas Sevilla's cost £40m.

Thank you for stating the obvious. 

The real question is whether all that money actually make Liverpool a better side than Sevilla - or English sides better than Spanish sides in general. The answer is a clear no

Well, I think it's lunacy to say that Liverpool are currently better than Sevilla. They were destroyed last night. 

2 hours ago, bluecueball said:

Well, I think it's lunacy to say that Liverpool are currently better than Sevilla. They were destroyed last night. 

Quite. They sold Moreno to Liverpool for £12m and got his replacement for less than £2m.

Moreno wouldn't even get into that Sevilla side today. 

On 08/05/2016 at 0:57 AM, Jedini said:

Red Star tifosi today in Belgrade.

7AYzJQe.jpg

What was the context?

4 hours ago, Zidane said:

What was the context?

Uefa governing body voted last week to formally recognize the "Kosovo Football Federation" as its 55th member.

So now Chinese investors have majority shares in both Milan clubs. One wonders what the next English acquisition will be, Villa won't be the only club they have their sights on. 

Edited by nutmegsw6