• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Max Fowler

What Do You See In Rugby And Cricket?

Another great rugby game with the Aussies on Saturday.  Very different type of game totally dominated by the forwards.

Jasonb   

I've also played both football and rugby, school forced me to play rugby union and after a while I started to enjoy it though never liked cricket.

I only watch international rugby and appreciate the skill and also the brute strength and physical side to the game, it also allows players of different builds to play.

Another new season starts for me tomorrow. Getting harder now, as we got promoted last season. When I took the game up about 4 years ago, training for social rugby was punishable by death ( ok, you had to buy beers on match day ). 

Now, we are encouraged to train twice a week. The players seem to be getting fitter and younger.

10 minutes ago, Paul Mcgoochan said:

Another new season starts for me tomorrow. Getting harder now, as we got promoted last season. When I took the game up about 4 years ago, training for social rugby was punishable by death ( ok, you had to buy beers on match day ). 

Now, we are encouraged to train twice a week. The players seem to be getting fitter and younger.

Back in the late seventies to late eighties we used to train twice a week at Rosslyn Park as a matter of routine... every Tuesday and Thursday night, game on a Saturday. The game was still amateur back then, but Park were one of the top clubs in the country, and that was a common routine at most clubs. At the top clubs, now that the game is professional, they train pretty much every day during the week.