• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arkie

Daniele De Rossi

Arkie   

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5483997,00.html

Roma official Bruno Conti claims he was approached by Chelsea regarding the availability of Daniele De Rossi.

The Blues have been strongly linked with a host of players during the summer transfer window as Carlo Ancelotti looks to piece together a side capable of wrestling the Premier League title from the clutches of Manchester United.

The Italian coach is believed to have cast his eye over a number of those plying their trade in his homeland, with employees of former club AC Milan dominating the headlines.

However, it appears that Roma midfielder De Rossi has also fallen under his radar, with a big-money approach reported to have been lodged.

"I've personally had a call from Ancelotti to take the player to Chelsea. But Daniele is untouchable," Conti told Radio Radio.

"The offer was of a lot of money, but it has been refused."

So instead of looking for a skillful forward we have spent all summer chasing Seria A best DMs.

xCELERYx   
So instead of looking for a skillful forward we have spent all summer chasing Seria A best DMs.

And what exactly is the point of signing yet another forward, when we've already got a heap of them already? Unless we get rid of some first that is also a move that makes little sense. Unless you're willing to foot the bill and pay those who are on the fringes?

De Rossi would have been a brilliant signing.

trad11   

tbf it seems that we have made plenty of offers for pato but thats just not going to happen in the same summer kaka was sold. and if the stories from early summer are to be believed then we also made inquiries for aguero only to find out his high salary demands. granted there are several other talented forwards we could have pursued, but we were chasing the very top talents in europe so realistically it was never going to be easy to sign them

Kal   

If Mikel and Essien don't shape up and get used to this system then it's obvious why Ancelotti wants one of the top Italian DMs. He has a very clear idea as to how he wants the team to play and I think the most important position, in Ancelotti's mind, is the DMC playmaker. I think he values Mikel, but would like him to understudy a player of the ilk of Pirlo or De Rossi to get to know the system easier so that Mikel can become the long term DMC playmaker.

Of course, I may be very wrong lol.

Vinod   

Seems like some people are reading CFCnet. Karan has been the only person around harping for another option in the DM role; and he is right.

Karan   
Seems like some people are reading CFCnet. Karan has been the only person around harping for another option in the DM role; and he is right.

I'd rather they consider my recommendation on Chelsea signing another quality forward.

If they have the money after that they can sign whoever they want to then.

Olusisi   
And what exactly is the point of signing yet another forward, when we've already got a heap of them already? Unless we get rid of some first that is also a move that makes little sense.

It is obvious the coach has no use from some of them and are just are at the club to make up the numbers until we find someone to take them off our hands, you only have to see the bench on Sunday that only had one striker with midfielders and defenders making up the rest when probably Sheva/Pizzaro as far as a I know were available to play.