• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

Nine of Chelsea's ten loanees were in action on Saturday, including wins for Miroslav Stoch and Scott Sinclair, and a professional debut for Jacob Mellis, whilst Lee Sawyer experienced both good and bad.

Starting in brief with the four club loanees from the fringes of the first team, and Michael Mancienne. ...

http://www.CFCnet.co.uk/2009/08/15/loan-ro...akes-pro-debut/

AndyTBH   

It was nice to see a start for Mancienne and a subsitute appearance for Sinclair. Hoping to see Di-Santo make an appearance next week. It was a quiet week for the three with little to talk about. Lets hope as the season goes along that they can show us they are Chelsea material.

Inspite of defeats for Wolves and Blackburn, I only found positive comments on the performances of Mancienne and Di Santo. Taiwo missed a great chance to give his team all three points against Millwall.

Sir   

Micheal got shipped off fairly early in the second half. How did he do ?

Shame Franco didn't start as well.

ish   

good for stoch getting game time as a starter. I saw the highlights for the match, and he impressed from what I saw. Seems to not be very in sync with the team yet. I dont know how rajkovic did however but the clean sheet would have been a good indication.

Sinclair I saw a bit of on MOTD. He played down the right and good around 2 aston villa players to put in a decent cross.

no clue how di santo did, heard he barely touched the ball.

hanuma   

Thanks for this. Questions:

1. Why only 67 mins for Mancienne, just fitness?

2. Nouble, Taiwo, Sinclair, Stoch or DiSanto do anything?

3. PvA, what mistakes did he make this time?

4. What role did Sawyer play for Southend?

3. PvA, what mistakes did he make this time?
Caught the highlights and they didn't show any. Attacks weren't predominantly down his side it seemed. He does look exceptionally talented going forward though, very nice touch and balance to his game.

ChelC   

Mancienne@s withdrawer must have had something to do with fitness, he came off when they were 1-0 down not when they were 2-0 down according to the report. A minute after he came off, stearman his replacement conceeded a corner which West Ham scored from.

Solid performance in my opinion, he suprisingly won all the headers when he came up against C.Cole. He read the game well and brought the ball out of defence well. My only concern was his positioning because I kept a close eye on him. Even though it was never an issue in the actual match and the ball was miles away from him on those occasions, I kept wondering if he was taking up the right positions.

Sinclair came on for Nzogbia and was impressive. He featured well in the highlights on match of the day and from me seeing the last 20 minutes of the came, it was a good cameo debut. Most notable moment for him was when he dribbled in the style we have become used to seeing him do in the reserves against proven premier league players before delivering a devilsh cross that need just a touch from Gomez who missed it by a whisker. Every thing else he did was productive apart from when he tried the taking on two many defenders again but cudnt get past them.

Taiwo seems to split opinion. some quotes below

Taiwo's distribution was awful, was too easily brushed off the ball and (for a professional footballer) his attempt to score was laughable.

Taiwo did an excellent job in an ultra defensive line up and was no more guilty of poor distribution than any other player in black today.

James Phillips was absolutely raving about Tom Taiwo. Praising his tackling and breaking up of play.

With Stoch and Rajkovic - Highlights of their game below. Stoch is whipping some dangerous crosses in these days, a far cry from him trying to dribble into the box at evry chance in the reserves. rajkovic is looking useful too.

PVA - lol they love him over @ coventry already so much that they nicked him the flying dutchman

some comments

The Flying Dutchman played another blinder but was apparently on the end of a rollocking from Coleman

Played the full 90 mins (only his 2nd professional game) and looked very good going forward but still uncertain at times when defending. I am sure that will improve and it looks he will be the first choice left back in his stay at Coventry (until 31 Dec 09)

Good passer of the ball, good first touch and a bit of pace about him. He looks more of a wing back than a traditional full back

Di Santo could do nothing as by the time he came in Blackburn where only chasing shadows. they could string two passes together and where rightly beaten.

From all accounts of Sawyer's debut need anybody say more. he gave away a penalty but the fans (nmost critical of players) thought it will be a travesty if he doesnt start the next game? I wonder what he did apart from give the penalty away.

All in All good for most of the boys to be getting action elsewhere. I hope 2/3 out of the 9 can come back to be part of the squad in coming years.

A busy midweek football schedule saw eight of Chelsea's loanees play for their temporary teams, with Shaun Cummings making his West Brom debut and Jacob Mellis starting his first senior match.

Premier League action this week is on the thin side, but at the DW Stadium on Tuesday night, Michael Mancienne ...

http://www.CFCnet.co.uk/2009/08/18/aug-18t...e-and-cummings/

hanuma   

A very good thread this. Thanks for all the contributions.

"Taiwo was subbed a minute from time, and by reports he was fantastic without the ball, but struggled when in possession." Always worrying when a player comes to you at 17 and he's already a holding midfielder. For all the negative comments about Maka's ability on the ball even he started out further up the pitch.

Mellis needing a "stronger unit around him", well obviously he'd have that at Chelsea, although I struggle to see him justifying a purely creative role in our team. It's his all round game that needs to be developed if he's going to make it with us.