• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

hanuma   

Thought of asking this, is Coyle only good with young Eng players?

as for Kakuta, it's not just frustrating, but rather serious too. Little chance here, at Fulham & now at Bolton. May be the loan to Lille(if there was any concrete interest) would have been a better option.

I want Kakuta to succeed, of course I do, but Lille are in the Champions League and if Kakuta can't get games for Bolton I don't understand why he would get games for Lille. I'm afraid Kakuta has looked like a flat track bully for a little while now. He'd have to do one of 2 things to get into Bolton's team (and eventually Chelsea's), demonstrate a significant goal-threat, and/or improve significantly on his contribution to the team's defending when in any midfield position.

hanuma   

Fair play to him. Only saw the highlights but seemed the one time he had the ball he did a great trick to beat two in a dead end situation, got to the by-line and put in an outstanding cross to the back post. Bolton have got to risk it for that sort of play when they're playing so woefully.

Started a couple of games but has been relegated to the bench in recent weeks. Don't think he's even come on in the last two. No rush though, he needs time to adapt to the non-football side of things I'm sure.

Looking forward to zoric's feedback on the 3-0 drubbing of Atletico Madrid by Bilbao. Interested to know if all/any of it was courtois's fault or if they were goals he couldn't do anything about?

zoric   

I know its a bit early in the season but Zoric how does Courtois compare to De Gea from what you have seen so far?I do remember De Gea making little mistakes here and there but I am yet to see that from Courtois.

First of all; I'm sorry for responding so late.

If you compare the two during their first ten games for Atlético, then it's clearly Courtois who's better. That being said, Courtois also became champion with Genk before moving to Spain and he played a full season in the Belgian top flight. They're similar goalkeepers in many ways, it's just that one is better on certain things and the same goes for the other one. Let's wait until the end of this season before we start evaluating Courtois and I'd rather see De Gea for a full season and start judging him next year with Manchester United because you have a lot of adaptation to deal with before you're fully settled.

Here we go, guys, an update on Courtois progress in Spain.

vs Udinese

Two great saves against Udinese; one of them where he showed up his fantastic reach and pulled off an incredible save to prevent them from going up a goal. A game where Atlético dominated possession, had their fair share of chances and still managed to lose after Udinese showed some great effectiveness infront of goal. Their goals came between the 87-93 minute and there wasn't much Courtois could've done about either. He couldn't reach the second one as Floro Flores put it perfectly into Courtois' right corner, well taken goals, unfortunately for Atlético, the beginning of a problematic period of time. Pretty safe in the aerial game even though Udinese should've scored the opening goal after a few minutes, most of their shots were outside the penalty area.

vs RCD Mallorca

Mallorca got a cheap and non-existant penalty after Tissone chipped it onto Sílvio's arm. Disgraceful decision which, in the end, cost Courtois his perfect record at Vicente Calderón. Up until that moment he hadn't conceded a single goal in home games. Atlético, who were all over Mallorca, got the equalizer from a penalty of their own and created plenty of other chances without being able to finish them off. 19 shots, five on goal. Courtois very good in the aerial game when Mallorca got a shot at set-pieces, didn't have any sort of problems but didn't try to keep play as fluid by passing the ball as much, he actually made a few punts up the pitch.

Overall very secure.

vs Athletic Club

First half is goalless, mainly thanks to two brilliant performances by Gorka Iraizoz and Thibaut Courtois who kept saving everything that arrived at them. Courtois had one very good save where Llorente fired off a bullet which he managed to tip over the crossbar. The referee didn't even give Athletic a corner kick for it even though Courtois clearly got a hand on the shot. Second half, everything that Atlético had done well up until half time disappeared. Athletic pressed better, Courtois didn't really have to make any proper saves and suddenly Atlético implodes. They go on to concede a horrible first goal when Llorente's shot that was going wide takes a deflection off Filipe Luís who's unlucky enough to steer it into his own goal. Courtois was left with no chance on it as he was on the wrong foot. Second goal is just a Llorente trademark bullet, just watch it and cry. Courtois doesn't have any chance with Toquero's header from a set-piece either. (This was the first goal Atlético have allowed from set-pieces this season.) All in all; eight minutes were more than enough to turn a solid draw at La Catedrál into a disastrous 0-3 loss, especially after a good first half where Atlético should've scored at least two goals and were the better team. Implosion.

vs Real Zaragoza

A game where Atlético were far superior to their opponent, a game where Courtois doesn't have anything to do for 98% of the time. Saves a low shot from Hélder Postiga in the first half, Atlético are up 3-0 and the crowd is celebrating the first win in seven games..that's the perfect moment for Zaragoza. Luis Perea came on to replace Sílvio and he immediately loses marking on Postiga who heads the ball inside the penalty area from a corner kick, 1-3. Courtois has allowed his second goal of the season at Vicente Calderón. Perhaps he could've saved it but it was so close to him that you can't make any demands while Postiga is completely alone in the heart of the penalty area. Horrible stuff by Perea but, then again, after seven years of his "services", two of which were good, you're used to it.

The next two games are against Udinese in midweek, a UEFA Europa League-match where Atlético could get closer to progressing from the group if they end up winning. Though, you never know what UEFA will decide on the Sion-case as there could be two more games in an already incredibly packed schedule for the club. Platini has done things to punish Atlético previously, like the famous "racist"-thing where he and other UEFA-delegates thought Atlético-fans were making monkey noises, when in reality, they were singing "Kun, Kun, Kun.." after he scored a goal against Marseille in UEFA Champions League. The second game is against Getafe and it's a mini derby on Colliseum and it's being played just before the international break.

Cheers!

zoric   

vs Udinese

Courtois kept his ninth clean sheet in 15 games since arriving on loan against Udinese yesterday. He didn't have to stand out as Atlético crushed them completely. It should definitely be said that Udinese didn't come with their best team to this game and Guidolin made a total of seven changes to his starting line-up compared to the game against Palermo at the weekend. Courtois only had to make three saves where one was good; it was his fault though as he basically gave away the ball with a bad pass which gave Udinese a good chance to counter Atlético, Abdi shot the ball but Thibaut managed to tip the ball of the crossbar to a corner kick. He made a save on a good chance when Godín got a bad touch as well, although a really weak attempt by Fabbrini. Safe as usual in the aerial game, solid with his feet apart from that one moment and kept starting play well from the back with his short throws.

Next game is against Getafe, on Sunday.

As for my updates; yes, I really enjoy this so it's no problem, plus I basically watch every single game in the big five leagues plus the Russian, Portuguese, Dutch and so on, no problem at all.

As for the HSV-players, I see them on a regular basis or at least try to watch them properly on a regular basis because of Gojko Kačar and Slobodan Rajković. Two things; Bruma looked pretty solid at the weekend while Töre will become something special if he just finds the net a bit more often and has a better end product. Töre is the player who's completed most dribbles in Bundesliga alongside players such as Ribéry as well as Reus, so he's definitely got something special and you could already see that when he played in the U17 Euros a few years back, just has to work on his end product.