• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

this biggest quality Terry has is heart and bravery............hmm yet to see the same from mancienne

I don't know why folks keep comparing Mancienne to JT. They do not have the same style of play/defending. As far as Chelsea CBs go, Mancienne's play is closer to Carvalho (not comparing him to ricky) than JT. Like Ricky, he's not a big defender. He's also relatively mobile for a CB and seems comfortable charging forward with the ball. JT's heart and bravery is out of this world mostly due to being a naturally born leader. Not every person has 'it'. Notwithstanding, Mancienne has been developing well at Wolves and the sort of baptism under fire he received from Adebayor on Saturday is exactly what I hoped for when he was shipped out on loan as it will make him a better defender when he returns to us next season.

ChelC   
His third mistake (chronologically his first) was being in the wrong position for Adebayors goal. Once again, it was poor positioning. Hard to expect him to perfect something like that already, but nevetherless it was a mistake, and I feel if he had've limited it to that, he would've been excused.

And I don't think it's the end of the world, and I'm not writing him off, merely stating that he had a poor game, which is all I've been saying the whole time. And I don't think they're bad luck either, btw. He made the mistake of coming in from the wrong direction at Adebayor, and also tried to reach around Tevez to win the ball, which put him off balance, instead of blocking the goal mouth.

I do expect he'll change with experience though.

And you can't say he had a good other 80 mins cause he wasn't tested non stop for 80 mins. He had good moments throughout the entire 90, and bad moments as well.

Poor game!!!! I think would be unfair on him but he didn't have a good game neither. I thought he walked the line of having a bad and a good one through out the match. At times (the 3 adebayor moments and some others) he looked totally outclassed and then all of a sudden he wins headers, time tackles and interceptions to perfection looking like the opposite of what he did 10 minutes earlier.

jangz   
I don't know why folks keep comparing Mancienne to JT. They do not have the same style of play/defending. As far as Chelsea CBs go, Mancienne's play is closer to Carvalho (not comparing him to ricky) than JT. Like Ricky, he's not a big defender. He's also relatively mobile for a CB and seems comfortable charging forward with the ball. JT's heart and bravery is out of this world mostly due to being a naturally born leader. Not every person has 'it'. Notwithstanding, Mancienne has been developing well at Wolves and the sort of baptism under fire he received from Adebayor on Saturday is exactly what I hoped for when he was shipped out on loan as it will make him a better defender when he returns to us next season.

I am not comparing mancienne to Terry if you actually read the post carefully I am just pointing out a difference why mancienne may not reach the height of success as Terry..

and succes as a factor is always.. relative and to succeed at this level you need a lot of mental strength along with talent so...........

a comparison would sound more based on technique something like..

Terry likes to dive into tackles.. mancienne likes to stay on his feet..

Terry realises more on timimg and positioning anticipation..

mancienne is more about speed and getting in front of strikers....

so really I see the post as a futile attempt

hanuma   
I think stoch could play in the 4-3-2-1 formation...stoch instead of Kalou...and especially as Kalou is reluctant to sign a new deal...and deco is old too...stock and j.Cole as the two AM...I think stoch can make the team by next year or the next two years
There wouldn't be any point playing the Christmas tree with those two there, they would play on the wings in a 433.
Terry likes to dive into tackles.. mancienne likes to stay on his feet..

Terry realises more on timimg and positioning anticipation..

mancienne is more about speed and getting in front of strikers....

1. No he doesn't 2. Terry is simply better with his timing and anticipation and always was, and 3. Mancienne may rely on his speed but not because he is fast.

jangz   
There wouldn't be any point playing the Christmas tree with those two there, they would play on the wings in a 433.

1. No he doesn't 2. Terry is simply better with his timing and anticipation and always was, and 3. Mancienne may rely on his speed but not because he is fast.

1) haa...Terry does dive into tackles...his preffered response is always to get the tackle in.. when in a tight spot...... and more often than not he comes out with the ball...... .. with his pace he can get skinned if he doesnot do so.. .. so I think maybe you dont quite get the "dive into tackle phrase"

2) I already mentioned Terry's great anticipationand positioning which make him such a great defender...so what is new that you saying there...

3) what you say about timing becomes so important because of the fact that tackle gets the slide in so quickly and almost everytime.. if his timing was not so exceptional.. he would surely would have had his cards number way up.. so your point that his timing is gud just supplements the fact that Terry does dive into tackles...........

""mancienne relies on his speed but not because he is fast...""

hmm.. so you mean he relies on speed not because he is fast (even though it is his strongest attribute) .. .. explain..

hanuma   
1) haa...Terry does dive into tackles...his preffered response is always to get the tackle in.. when in a tight spot...... and more often than not he comes out with the ball...... .. with his pace he can get skinned if he doesnot do so.. .. so I think maybe you dont quite get the "dive into tackle phrase"
That he has, can and does, doesn't mean he always prefers to, which is what you suggested in your original post. Part of his superior decision making, the sort that make him one of ours and England's greatest ever players, is knowing when to do this. It isn't a stylistic or technical preference.
so you mean he relies on speed not because he is fast (even though it is his strongest attribute) .. .. explain..
I don't think he does rely on his speed, although if he has been running a lot it will be because of mistakes he's made or others have made that have required him to do so. His recovery speed is decent, if not outstanding, but it certainly isn't his best attribute, although it's hard to say whether he has a stand-out attribute right now.

jangz   
That he has, can and does, doesn't mean he always prefers to, which is what you suggested in your original post. Part of his superior decision making, the sort that make him one of ours and England's greatest ever players, is knowing when to do this. It isn't a stylistic or technical preference.

Hmm.. it's not his style ..rather.. it's his habbit his natural thing to do .. when hez see's a situtaion developing his most favored option is to tackle... it's not as if he goes down everytime.. but he feels the most confident while going down and coming out with the ball rather than outpacing and then trying to block and outpacing the attacker...

I mean this is something that has been looked at and been observed millions of times.. really dont see why this fact is being argued..

I don't think he does rely on his speed, although if he has been running a lot it will be because of mistakes he's made or others have made that have required him to do so. His recovery speed is decent, if not outstanding, but it certainly isn't his best attribute, although it's hard to say whether he has a stand-out attribute right now.

agreed mancienne is not the fastest cb going around but he certainly is the quickest amongst the chelsea cb's... and your point about him having to run because of mistakes..........??????

really where you going with that..

Was listening to five live on the way home from the reserves last night. The commentators at Southampton v Brum on several occasions singled out Jacob Mellis for particular praise. Was very nice to hear given the lack of quality exhibited by those left behind at Brentford last night!

yugam   
Was listening to five live on the way home from the reserves last night. The commentators at Southampton v Brum on several occasions singled out Jacob Mellis for particular praise. Was very nice to hear given the lack of quality exhibited by those left behind at Brentford last night!

you are correct,I listened to it as well..

same was said at sky sports..nice to see him performing well against premier league opposition.he gave a good account of himself from what I heard,but sadly for him the Saints lost out in the end..

the Reserves had shocker last night,dont know if he was here how would he had prevented it..