• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

paulw66   

Good game from Chalobah. I reckon he could have done a job for us, but it's probably for the best that he consistently plays and performs for a top Championship team. Hope Zola and his boys can get promoted and Chalobah stays there for one more year to gain experience at the top level. Great prospect.

Have to say, of all of the home grown lads out on loan, I have the highest hopes for Chalobah.

If he doesnt make it here (someone who captained his country above his age bracket) then what is the point of the Academy?

Juni   

He hasn't played a single Europa League minute yet. Before last night, I don't think Falcao had either.

Thought people might be interested in some random comments from a Watford fans' forum reaction thread following their 4-0 win at Birmingham: -

No.1

"...and as for Chabolah, well for someone so young, he has no fear, his control and movement and awareness of what's going on is incredible, if (and it has to be if still) he can continue to develop and start getting games for Chelsea next year, he'll be England's captain for years and make many many appearances for his country. I think he's the most impressive loan we've ever had, and with the likes of Tom Cleverley, Adam Johnson, Mick Quinn and Ben Foster, that's some thought"

No.2

"Said to someone the other day, I'd be surprised if Chalobah is not in the England squad for the World Cup."

No.3

"Chalobah just oozes class and made everything tick in midfield...for me [he was] MOTM. Everything went through him, his pass for Anya's goal was something those Gillette Soccer Saturday morons would rave over if Scholes or Rooney did it."

Thought people might be interested in some random comments from a Watford fans' forum reaction thread following their 4-0 win at Birmingham: -

No.1

"...and as for Chabolah, well for someone so young, he has no fear, his control and movement and awareness of what's going on is incredible, if (and it has to be if still) he can continue to develop and start getting games for Chelsea next year, he'll be England's captain for years and make many many appearances for his country. I think he's the most impressive loan we've ever had, and with the likes of Tom Cleverley, Adam Johnson, Mick Quinn and Ben Foster, that's some thought"

No.2

"Said to someone the other day, I'd be surprised if Chalobah is not in the England squad for the World Cup."

No.3

"Chalobah just oozes class and made everything tick in midfield...for me [he was] MOTM. Everything went through him, his pass for Anya's goal was something those Gillette Soccer Saturday morons would rave over if Scholes or Rooney did it."

I'm so so happy Nat is doing so well. I've followed his careeer from the first time I saw him against Everton's reserves at the tender age of 15. He played at DM and completely dominated the game.

I've been spending the last few days trying to find footage from his outings at Watford and I must say - I'm impressed. Very impressed. Sure, he still loses the ball far too often for my liking (misplaced passes and bad decisions) but I put that down to lack of experience. As for raw and natural talent he's one of the best academy prospects I've ever seen us produce from scratch.

Call me naïve, call me silly. But I actually think Nat we have a decision to make in regards to Nat and where he should play his football next season. One part of me would love to see him in the PL if Watford are promoted. Another part of me wants to see him back with us, filling one of six CM spots in our squad. I certainly wouldn't sniff at this:

Lampard, Modric/Cabaye, Mikel, Ramires, KDB, Chalobah

paulw66   

I'm so so happy Nat is doing so well. I've followed his careeer from the first time I saw him against Everton's reserves at the tender age of 15. He played at DM and completely dominated the game.

I've been spending the last few days trying to find footage from his outings at Watford and I must say - I'm impressed. Very impressed. Sure, he still loses the ball far too often for my liking (misplaced passes and bad decisions) but I put that down to lack of experience. As for raw and natural talent he's one of the best academy prospects I've ever seen us produce from scratch.

Call me naïve, call me silly. But I actually think Nat we have a decision to make in regards to Nat and where he should play his football next season. One part of me would love to see him in the PL if Watford are promoted. Another part of me wants to see him back with us, filling one of six CM spots in our squad. I certainly wouldn't sniff at this:

Lampard, Modric/Cabaye, Mikel, Ramires, KDB, Chalobah

Next season he has to be playing Premier League football. Whether that be with us, or a loan to another Premier League club. He has proved he can play (and play well) at Championship level. Time to raise the bar and see how high he can go.

Next season he has to be playing Premier League football. Whether that be with us, or a loan to another Premier League club. He has proved he can play (and play well) at Championship level. Time to raise the bar and see how high he can go.

Watford will be promoted. He should just stay with them for the first half of the season atleast, so that he gets used to PL football. Hopefully he can make it in to our side over the next few years. I won`t bet on it, seeing as we haven`t given anyone a chance except Bertrand for the last 8 years...Worst thing possible is being recalled in the summer and getting benched when our new manager gets the sack and his replacement don`t dare use him. Josh anyone?

Lampen   

Seems like piazon gets alot of time at malaga. So is malaga crazy or is he a really good player already? I was impressed with his cameo against AV. Seemed to mature since that apprance against united in the cc.