• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

Put him alongside Lukaku at West Brom if he goes back out on loan.

I have never really thought to ask this, but maybe someone around here can help me out. Real and Barca both have B teams in the Liga Adelante, obviously used to further develop players from their respective acadamies, we have a u21 side etc. but why don't English teams have B teams that are fighting in the professional leagues? I am confident that Chelsea, Spurs, Westham, Southhampton, United and many more of our PL teams would have teams in at least League 1 maybe even the Championship.

It just wouldn't fit the English Football League system tbh, it would never be allowed.

Unless their loan clubs need them for Champions' League or promotion play-offs, most of our loanees' season's will be over by mid May. Does anyone know if there is any regulation preventing the likes of Thibaut, Romelu, KDB, PVA, Josh & Nate joining us in America for the games against City? Our contract with the US tour promoter is bound to require that we send a strong squad but there is still room for some flexibility.

Better surely to include some of those names rather than the likes of Hilario, Benayoun, and Ferreira. If Frank really is on the way out then I'd leave him out of the trip too but maybe, for box-office reasons, the tour contract names him specifically as a player they want to go.

It'd be especially good to see Thibaut out there since he will almost certainly be on loan again next term and will therefore probably spend the pre-season with his loan club and not with us.

By the way, for another thread really but, talking of the tour, it is clearly happening for financial reasons but I'm worried it could be a mistake. It makes no sense to add a few dollars to the coffers if it harms our longer term growth potential in The States. We were there just a few months ago and, except for 30 minutes against Seattle, we absolutely stank. It doesn't matter than we could tell ourselves it was only pre-season, we don't want to wear out our welcome and become old news.

I suppose our decision makers will have taken this into account but I hope they haven't made the wrong call.

paulw66   

Has anyone out there seen much of Omeru? We could potentially be in the marker for a CB in the summer and I wondered if anyone has seen enough of him to comment on whether or not he could step in?

Come to think of it, do we know how many of our loanees could come back and be genuine squad players next season?

Omeru, Chalobah, McEachren, PvA, Lukaku, de Bruyne, Kakuta, Kalas??

Has anyone out there seen much of Omeru? We could potentially be in the marker for a CB in the summer and I wondered if anyone has seen enough of him to comment on whether or not he could step in?

Come to think of it, do we know how many of our loanees could come back and be genuine squad players next season?

Omeru, Chalobah, McEachren, PvA, Lukaku, de Bruyne, Kakuta, Kalas??

Saw Omeruo in an Eredivise fixture vs Vitesse. He looked solid, if unspectacular. Of the four Chelsea loanees in that game, PVA was much the most impressive. In fact he's been the most impressive of our trio every time I've seen Arnhem play.

Of the names you've listed, I have the highest hopes for KDB. His instincts are for quick movement of the ball, preferring the pass over the dribble but, as I've said before, he has performed less well than I had hoped over the second half of the season. As his team sank nearer and nearer to the relegation zone Kevin appeared to move away from his base mode and regularly tried to do too much. (Dribbling, spectacular passes, speculative shooting and the like.)

I therefore confess I'm just a little surprised that the interest from Dortmund seems to be genuine. They must have seen enough in his pre-Christmas outings, some of which were spectacular. Werder's draw at the weekend guarantees that they will finish out of the bottom three so I'm hoping for a nice quiet farewell to Bremen for Kevin, followed by his inclusion in our squad for the US trip.

After Kevin, PVA is the lad I'd most like to see given a 'trial' back with the Blues. I admit that Patrick never really convinced playing for us but, even though there wasn't always a lot of defending going on, he has certainly looked good in the games I've seen this season.

I used to say that Lukaku might be able to contribute for us if he learned to construct a game around his strengths but my view about that has firmed up a bit. Having seen the spectacularly impressive mid-season interview he gave MOTD, and heard SC's comments about his attitude, I feel pretty confident that he has the intelligence and the work-ethic to tweak his game as required. I think he can definitely contribute for us but I believe that his technical limitations will always prevent Romelu becoming a truly top player. He's another I want to see go to the USA.

I'm afraid that I don't have much hope for Gael or Thomas.

Edited by Bridgejunky

hanuma   
As his team sank nearer and nearer to the relegation zone Kevin appeared to move away from his base mode and regularly tried to do too much. (Dribbling, spectacular passes, speculative shooting and the like.)

I therefore confess I'm just a little surprised that the interest from Dortmund seems to be genuine.

It also appears Chelsea very definitely don't want to sell him. I think what both clubs have seen is the clubs best player, by far, struggling to play "his base mode" in a **** team that are totally out of sync and actually rely on his creativity and end product. Pre-Xmas 5 goals and 4 assists. Post-Xmas 5 goals and 7 assists. Hmm.