• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

Mancienne getting rave reviews yet again from the Wolves faithful. Many even have him as there Motm. I think his biggest test yet will come against Citeh's forward line in the next round.

MM - MOTM - Superb. Calm and composed on the ball. Reads the game with ease. Brings the ball out. WIll be the difference between us staying up. Amazing good in the air as well! Reminds me a lot of Lescott. 9

Mancienne - Absolute man-mountain - can't remember a missed header, tackle or clearance... coul'd be the difference between staying up or going down - simple as that... 9

Mancienne....a colossus tonight, lost only 2 challenges, one where Ward got in his way and the other when he went a forward run and overran the ball. Absolutely outstanding. MOM by a mile. 10

My MOM's Keogh, Mancienne, and Henry, but not to take anything away from the other players, it was a total team effort.

Mancienne despite his age plays how Craddock should, composed, solid good in the air quite frankly after 10 games last season and the 2 of this season I want him snapped up now no matter what the price, I can see him getting better and better

Keogh was awesome - hit the woodword, scored a neat header, and denied a blatent penalty. This on top of his amazing work rate. 10/10 but not MoM - that goes to Mancienne who we simply must buy. He's better than our other CBs combined.

Not that far behind was Mancienne, who looks to have settled straight in there at the back. I lost count of the amount of times he got in front of his man to intercept the ball as well as winning numerous headers. Rodallega was completely anonymous as a result. 9/10.

If we can keep Mancienne fit, we will not go down. Can't really see us having the money to buy him though -- with performances like his first two he's adding a million quid a week to his price tag.

Mancienne - Gash. Just kidding. He was faultless. Reads the game well, good in the air, and composed. One dribble in the last 5 minutes had me calling him all the irresponsible little $$$$$ under the sun, but hey. 8

Mancienne – Excellent. Won tackle after tackle and also a lot in the air against players much taller then him. We need him here for the season. I’ll be gutted if Chelsea call him back in January. 8

Mancienne - another who's continuing to make rapid progress. Seems to be coping better with the physical side of the game. However where I feel he's made the biggest difference for us has been in his distribution; helping to bring the ball out and ensure we play it through the park instead of bypassing Henry, Milijas and co. Must surely be one of - if not the first - name on Mick's team sheet.

Edited by Blue Jones

I'll echo others sentiments -- one of the best threads on Chelsea, and it'd be nice if it was kept that way. The Mancienne feedback in particular looks very promising; only two games at this level as a centre back and he's excelled in both. Hopefully a sign of things to come and given his four year contract, could he be a potential Carvalho replacement?

I watched the blackburn/citeh game on saturday and saw Di Santo enter around the 65min mark. He was very quiet to say the least (reminiscent of the 45mins he had against Villa last season). For me, he appeared a bit off the pace and failed make any impact. Perhaps, the fact that long balls were punted to him did not really help him as he's not yet strong enough to hold up play with his back to the goal as a traditional center forward. He's more comfortable with the ball played on the ground to his feet or into space. Hopefully, he'll put in a better performance in their next game.

ChelC   
I watched the blackburn/citeh game on saturday and saw Di Santo enter around the 65min mark. He was very quiet to say the least (reminiscent of the 45mins he had against Villa last season). For me, he appeared a bit off the pace and failed make any impact. Perhaps, the fact that long balls were punted to him did not really help him as he's not yet strong enough to hold up play with his back to the goal as a traditional center forward. He's more comfortable with the ball played on the ground to his feet or into space. Hopefully, he'll put in a better performance in their next game.

Drogba wouldnt have made an impact in that match if he was on for blackburn in my opinion. they couldnt streing a pass together and even when they long balled, the ball was miles away from the target man. I felt sorry for him and blackburn because they just looked like paupers @ a banquet.

hanuma   
Hopefully a sign of things to come and given his four year contract, could he be a potential Carvalho replacement?
That's the dream, and I'll be the first to apologise to him if it becomes a reality. But I think I'd take a cheese sandwich over Zubar and Craddock combined.

Promising starts for Sinclair and Mancienne, who's been tremendous by all accounts. I was hoping to catch the repeat of the Wolves game against Wigan so that I could get a really good look at him, but fell asleep. Sinclair has had two lively sub appearances, and must stay patient for when Koumas - a talented, but inconsistent player - loses form. With Di Santo, I feel he needs a goal early in this loan spell. It will do him the world of good.

Drogba wouldnt have made an impact in that match if he was on for blackburn in my opinion. they couldnt streing a pass together and even when they long balled, the ball was miles away from the target man. I felt sorry for him and blackburn because they just looked like paupers @ a banquet.

My worry when he was snapped up by Blackburn was Big Sam's philosophy/tactics does not suit Di Santo's strengths. The best case scenerio I see for Di Santo at Blackburn is getting tougher and getting fitter/used to the pace of the league through regular playing time. I don't see his football improving relative to the needs of Chelsea unlike Mancienne at Wolves. I haven't seen Sinclair at Wigan yet but will keep my eye out for him.

Edited by MikelBlue

Good to see that Mancienne is doing well at Wolves. Finally a loan-move that could pay off. I haven't seen Sinclair live on TV yet, but he looked promising in the first game from what I saw on Match Of The Day, had a few good runs and dribblings.

I'm a bit worried about Di Santo though, Roberts and McCarthy is a tough competition, and they've also signed Kalinic who looks to be as talented as Di Santo.

I've only seen Sinclair's first game against Aston Villa, and he looked very very confident. very lively too.. tracked back, didn't try dribbling 2 or 3 players like ashley young kept trying to do, and around the 74th minute mark he skinned Shorey(??) and put in a brilliant cross into the box. for the first time since his Crystal Palace loan I've thought that he looked confident. haven't seen the Wolves vs Wigan game though, but I'm sure he did well because his stats were better than his first appearance.. I'll keep following him.

Mancienne looked very confident as well for wolves that day. I've been on a few Wolves forum and they worship him to be honest. pretty certain he'll make it here eventually. when his loan was first confirmed, a couple of threads on other forums had fans from various clubs showering praise on the lad. it could all be due to media hype, because the dailymail particularly have been selling his talent quite a bit to the public, but everyone has a positive thing to say about the lad - even Arsenal fans!

Di Santo: wasnt impressed by him during his debut for Blackburn. saw him having the same problem that he had at Chelsea - a lack of involvement. I hope he improves, and I was very impressed with his performances in preseason, but I think he's some way off to be honest.