• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

paulw66   

Will be soon enough, he's had his medical etc. Carpi, not Capri btw Dave, it's a common and understandable mistake people are making because the latter is more famous; Carpi is an absolutely tiny team in Modena nobody had heard of before this summer, four promotions in six years!

Yes, the story of Carpi is quite amazing. My friends in Modena are pig sick that a tiny town, which is really a province of Modena now sit in a higher league than them.

It is the equivalent of Raynes Park getting into a league above Fulham

And we could all sing - "Two teams in Fulham, there's only two teams in Fulham"

Yes, the story of Carpi is quite amazing. My friends in Modena are pig sick that a tiny town, which is really a province of Modena now sit in a higher league than them.

Surely the better analogy (given it actually happened!) was the rise of Wimbledon in the early 80s from non-league obscurity, to being in the top division by 1986 and FA Cup winners in '88 ;-)

^it seems that the team is almost all Italian including the tastily named Kevin Lasagna.

I used to have an Italian boss named Kevin, and that seemed strange enough.

I just read an interview with AC on a Danish football website. I've translated it below.

"I see my chances of playing as okay and that is also why I've chosen to come here.

The most important thing when I had to make my decision was playing time, so I wouldn't have come here if I didn't believe I would play.

Based on the training sessions it is difficult to read where I stand. it's practicaly 2 teams playing 45 minutes each when we play training matches, but I think I've done well in the games I've played.

I played the entire match against Porto where we won 2-1, so I think I'm doing my part to cement a spot in the first team.

The coach likes players that can play multiple positions, so sometimes I may play as right back, while other times I will be playing in central defence. So I think there will be a bit of rotation.

I'm confident of getting a lot of playing time but it might not be in the same position every game.

everyone here is very proud of last seasons result, so they are all excited to get going. Everyone is positive about the new season and we are working hard to be ready.

I think the goal is to repeat the good result of last season so that we can continue to play in Europe next year. That is the goal."

Vinod   

Good start by Bamford. Hat trick inside 20 minutes against a non-league club.