• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

Flinkers   

What did people see in Josh? CA just used him to play his silly games of "ooh look what a great manager I am picking the kid".

For me, it was the laid back way in which he played. Had a nice eye for a pass, was always drifting on the pitch and seemed to be a half step ahead of most of his opponents (albeit at youth level).

In hindsight, throwing him in front of the lights that early was the death of him as a player. Those traits I thought of as effortless ability, I'd say now were signs of him already coasting.

Edited by Flinkers

Rob B   

Surprised Ake is getting so little football. Never seen him as a Chelsea player long term, but have always pegged him as one who would 'make it' at a decent level. Do wonder if he'd be getting greater time at Watford if he was their player permanently. Moses should be here, and should have been for the last two seasons. I hope he's asked for moves because otherwise his loans have been absolutely senseless.Increasingly difficult to sustain the position that our loan system is a concerted, planned ways of cultivating players or making money now that no particularly highly-rated, expensive kids with a load of first-team games under their belt before signing are impressing anywhere. It's now much more obviously what it has always been, a few outliers aside; what we do to players who we've decided aren't going to make it here.

I don't think he's doing too badly tbf, started 6 and come on in 3 in the league, and started both their Capital Cup games. Watched the game against Man United where he was subbed on at half time, and he was very good. I'm concerned for Bamford mind you...

Surprised Ake is getting so little football. Never seen him as a Chelsea player long term, but have always pegged him as one who would 'make it' at a decent level. Do wonder if he'd be getting greater time at Watford if he was their player permanently.

Personally I have Ake in the 'Bertrand camp' - good enough to be starting for us with some regularity. I'd rather Ake than Ramires or Mikel at CM without a doubt. He's got some tenacity, fantastic positioning and awereness of where he is and ought to be on the pitch. His passng and ball winning ability is also a massive plus.

Think he would have offered value for us as a squad player this season. Even before the horrible start.

The remaining question at CM is his attacking ability. For LB it is his size... So I do see the logic behind the loan.

Vinod   

The remaining question at CM is his attacking ability. For LB it is his size... So I do see the logic behind the loan.

The question at CM is also size. Its just incredible how much stock Jose puts on size. Tells you how reactive he is as a coach. Again the reason why he does not blindly give opportunities to young players. He is not the kind to take chances; and that is why he has won all those trophies.

Surprised Ake is getting so little football. Never seen him as a Chelsea player long term, but have always pegged him as one who would 'make it' at a decent level. Do wonder if he'd be getting greater time at Watford if he was their player permanently. Moses should be here, and should have been for the last two seasons. I hope he's asked for moves because otherwise his loans have been absolutely senseless. Increasingly difficult to sustain the position that our loan system is a concerted, planned ways of cultivating players or making money now that no particularly highly-rated, expensive kids with a load of first-team games under their belt before signing are impressing anywhere. It's now much more obviously what it has always been, a few outliers aside; what we do to players who we've decided aren't going to make it here.

He's started 6 of the last 7 in the league? He's getting very good game time.

I am worried about Bamford as well though. Palace strikers have been pants this season and he still can't get a look in...Should definitely bring him back in January. Would rather him sit on our bench than someone else's.

Edited by SZB LOVES CHELSEA

The question at CM is also size. Its just incredible how much stock Jose puts on size. Tells you how reactive he is as a coach. Again the reason why he does not blindly give opportunities to young players. He is not the kind to take chances; and that is why he has won all those trophies.

Makelele? Fabregas? Tiago?

I'd rather Ake than Ramires or Mikel at CM without a doubt. He's got some tenacity, fantastic positioning and awereness of where he is and ought to be on the pitch. His passng and ball winning ability is also a massive plus.

Thats our next captain sorted out then. Those accolades would apply also to a certain JT .

Not sure why he's somewhat underrated maybe it's his versatility ?

Out of all the Academy prospects to date I would rate him the best by a long way.

I would agree with you that its easy to see him as viable upgrade to Mikel and Ramires at the moment. But for once we have a loanee that seems to be progressing well and he has age on his side.

I have high hopes for this lad !

Thats our next captain sorted out then. Those accolades would apply also to a certain JT .

JT was a good midfielder who grew enough to play CB.

Ake was only a CB who failed to grow enough and now needs to play in a position where more technique is required.

He is 20 and played a few games for Watford in the PL. If he wasn't already owned by us he wouldn't be on our radar (yet).

To be honest I don't think many fans are good at judging the prospects of our kids objectively, and really it is not worth trying unless they start getting picked over 3 or 4 months in the Prem.