• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

^ so is he going to be a squad member for the rest of the season or move on to another club?

My guess would be a second club - Middlesborough, who are striding away at the top of the Championship. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they want him for next year in the Prem after what he did for them last year, and might either put in a cash offer now, or loan him for the 2nd half of the season and put in a bid in the summer.

Surely, in our present situation, it would be sensible to give him a few chances to play. He couldn't be a worse option than Reme or Falcao as a back-up to Costa.

It is not that I disagree with you. But explain to Hiddink why a kid who can't get a game for Palace should be picked ahead of Remy or Falcao.

Or explain to Bamford why he should hang around the Bridge if Middlesborough want him.

Ruudboy   

Put simply, Remy and falcao haven't exactly sparkled, and would you want to be a Smoggle when you could be a Chelsea? If we can't give the youngsters a chance or three in our current circumstances, we should either close Cobham or rename it "the Stud".

Put simply, Remy and falcao haven't exactly sparkled, and would you want to be a Smoggle when you could be a Chelsea? If we can't give the youngsters a chance or three in our current circumstances, we should either close Cobham or rename it "the Stud".

Why should Hiddink take a gamble on Bamford? What's in it for him?

Ruudboy   

Don't follow you: are you saying Falcao's performance has been exemplary? That Remy is a striker of choice? We are so bereft in the striker department that giving some home-grown product a chance seems at least rational - at least until we have an alternative in the bag - or are you satisfied to keep Costa as our only valid striking option? Apart from Hazard and Oscar, that is

Don't follow you: are you saying Falcao's performance has been exemplary? That Remy is a striker of choice? We are so bereft in the striker department that giving some home-grown product a chance seems at least rational - at least until we have an alternative in the bag - or are you satisfied to keep Costa as our only valid striking option? Apart from Hazard and Oscar, that is

Not sure I follow you. Falcao and Remy had bags of experience and Falcao has been injured so haven't really played.

Bamford is a complete unknown quantity and couldn't even get one PL start at Palace.

So, why should Hiddink flog Falcao and/or Remy and take a chance on Bamford? Kudos if he does, but he has no incentive to do so. Bamford was Palace 4/5th choice striker but people want him to be our second choice?

Edit: and let me be clear, I'm by no means happy with our strikers at the moment. Just don't see Bamford being the answer.

Edited by Sleeping Dave