CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

2,831 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, BCFC22 said:

Good evening all you Blues fans

Hope you don't mind but I'm a Bristol City fan visiting your forum as I thought  I'd take the time to pass on some comments about ( your )Tammy Abraham 

Thank you for your post. Very informative and much appreciated. Good luck for the rest of the season. Sincerely hope you stay up.

Tammy's a natural goalscorer and it's good to see him start off so well in senior football. With the extremely high standards that need to be met in order to break into the senior squad, he needed to hit the ground running and boy has he. The next step, in regards to where he plays, will be very interesting and possibly defining. Let's hope we get it right.

In that regard, I've been thinking about this for a while: it's doubly hard for attacking players to break through. The main (possibly only) basis for them to break through is goals. In terms of forwards, it's only really Bertand Traore who's deemed remotely close to breaking through, and with 'only' 8 goals in 29 appearances for Ajax this season, it probably isn't enough for him to come back and stake a claim.

Whilst other youngsters, specifically defenders and CM's like Christensen, Ake, Baker, and Chalobah stand a better chance due to different requirements, the likes of Tammy, Kasey, Izzy, Bertrand, Boga and Musonda need raw numbers to break through. Right now it's only really Tammy doing that, and he'll need at least another year of production to make a Chelsea senior squad of 25, let alone a chance of making the first XI.

It's harsh, but that's how it is I'm afraid. 

2 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

In terms of forwards, it's only really Bertand Traore who's deemed remotely close to breaking through, and with 'only' 8 goals in 29 appearances for Ajax this season, it probably isn't enough for him to come back and stake a claim.

The whole story in favour of Traore is based on him being picked for Chelsea a few times last season following a reasonable peformance in the Dutch league for Vitesse on loan.  So while some reckon that makes him a usable player rather than a used one, the real reason for that was that we just had no fit alternatives other than Kenedy (another used U21). 

I think the truth about Traore is that either he has been taken out of contention after two seasons without impressing, or more likely he never was considered a contender, just a stop gap.

Noticed this - shows some of his goals for us and I think demonstrates that he is a great reader of the game / poacher in the box

Possibly his best , against Huddersfield recently is not on there

Think it shows better than I can describe , that given reasonable service , this Lads a goal scorer for sure

He does look good. Let's hope Conte is seeing this too.

^^

His latest goal not quite so typical - a 31 pass build up.  More of the kind of chance you get at Chelsea (and a great of example of what happens if you don't press out to the half way line)

Cheeky finish though!

1 person likes this

If Batshuyai had been on loan at Bristol City, I doubt he would have notched 22 league goals. Not a criticism of him per se, more of how highly I rate Tammy. And what does that make his transfer value? 

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Wow!  He really is rated there. 

26 goals + 3 assists from 40 starts probably tells us why.........:).

I seriously doubt that we're planning to sell this kid (he's 19 ffs!) anytime soon!