• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Tammy gets his first Swansea goal. 

Great. Do we have a deal when we can recall him for our own games by any chance?

No?! 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Tammy gets his first Swansea goal. 

2nd actually.  Here - this counts as long distance for our Tammy.  Good to see - he was a yard faster than the defenders in the Championship, and now half a yard faster in teh Prem.

You can see the mid-week one on here - against MK Dons in LC

http://thechels.net/videos/

^^^^^

I'd forgotten about that one !

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Very short memory:)

Short memory for what ?

Bdum tish !

jones   

Thing about Tammy is that he gets to chances. Could have scored in both of his first matches, perhaps even should. But now that he has broken the deadlock with two in two, I expect goals to flow. He is a goal machine, and I would not hold it against him ending the season on around 15 PL goals. That in itself would be huge for a 19/20 year old, and would most likely mean he returns to the squad next summer. Obviously depends on the rest of his game also, but he is getting close to being a complete striker. Fast, mobile and strong - but must be better at using his strength more efficiently, something experience will give him. Technically he improved a lot at BC, and will likely continue that development in a tougher league this season. He has an instinct for goals in the box, but he needs to improve his overall tactical game. Few better ways to do that than under Conte, learning from Morata, Pedro etc.

Honestly think he is our next English academy player that will make a long-term proper contribution to Chelsea FC.

Edited by jones

xCELERYx   

Abraham is still a long way off from being in contention here though. Watched two of his 3 league games so far and he's not really stood out. Had a few glimpses, but there's still much for him to learn. Probably isn't helped by playing in a side that's void of creativity now they've lost Gilfy. Might improve more if he's partnered with Llorente at some point to help him out. 

I think Tammys looked very good so far considering how bad Swansea are. Glad he has grabbed a couple of goals already plus another for the U21's. A bit like Morata he makes very good runs and is always perfectly positioned right in front of goal. His hold up play is still a little erratic but he is 19, just starting his first few PL games and in a terrible tram that has just lost their only reliable creator. From what I have seen he is going to be a monster of a player once he learns how to use his insane physique better and better. Unfortunately watching him play alone these first couple of games has really shone a light on just how unfit for purpose Batshuayi is. 

paulw66   

Two of my best mates suport Palace and they went to the Palace v Swansea game. They were raving about Abraham. His touch, hold up play, and of course the finish for the goal.......

I think Swansea was not the best fit for Tammy, I reckon he may have been better off at Newcastle as they have Richie and the Geordies love a CF who scores.

Anyway, he is showing that he can still get to chances in the PL and that he will score. I expect to see him between the 10-15 goals rank this year which would be good for a 19 year-old. That said, I expect him to be on loan for at least another year after this unless he goes on some sort of crazy goal scoring streak, since that is what is better for his development.