• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

Celtic have fallen to their second league defeat of the season, and apparently second of Brendas reign. Many fans saying they changed tactics to fit Musonda in and he was crap as was the rest of their attack as a result. Thought it was worth mentioning seeing as people went a bit nuts at Bats scoring last night.

28 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Celtic have fallen to their second league defeat of the season, and apparently second of Brendas reign. Many fans saying they changed tactics to fit Musonda in and he was crap as was the rest of their attack as a result. Thought it was worth mentioning seeing as people went a bit nuts at Bats scoring last night.

Funny, I don't recall anyone demanding that Musonda should have stayed.

22 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Funny, I don't recall anyone demanding that Musonda should have stayed.

Funny, I thought you just said we needed 5 AM's minimum for every game. In a tongue in cheek way I was pointing out that people are far more likely to mention a performance when it makes us look bad and basing it one game is ridiculous ala the outcry over Bats. A loss for Celtic is more out of the ordinary than Dortmund beating bottom the league.

On 1/30/2018 at 8:34 AM, chiswickblue said:

Between Boga, Mount, Musonda, Palmer and Hudson-Odoi we can hope to have at least one first team option for the 2019/20 season.

From the little I’ve seen from Odoi so far, I’ve been impressed by his physical strength on and off the ball (the skill is expected - CFC academy products are relatively high on skill). That physicality gives him an edge. Unfortunately I don’t except Conte to give him a fair shot. 

Sea foot   

Could he get a retrospective ban for that? Something like banning him from his next three films or tv appearances. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Could he get a retrospective ban for that? Something like banning him from his next three films or tv appearances. 

Please.

With Matej Delac's departure confirmed: http://www.achorsens.dk/ac-horsens-henter-kroatisk-keeper-I-chelsea-fc we should see a large number of loan and development 'deadwood' leaving this summer, hopefully signalling the end of the stables and a move towards only loaning players that actually have a chance of playing for Chelsea in the future.

Loanees also out of contract and likely to leave are: Angban, Beeney, Collins, Cuevas, Houghton and Rodriguez. 

From the development squad Cole Dasilva, Grant, Nartey, Christie-Davis, Kylian Hazard, Sammut and St Clair are also out of contract. Hopefully Islam Feruz and Wallace will find new clubs too. The development squad will be practically an U19 team next season.

From the other loanees I think they can be broken into three groups:

Pre-season with first team then loaned or kept: Abraham, Loftus-Cheek, Jay Dasilva, Zouma, Blackman, Boga, Batshuayi, Palmer, Aina

Loan again: Baxter, Mount, Thompson, Wakefield, Tomori, Ugbo, Clarke-Salter, Kenedy, Baba Rahman (loan until 2019), Musonda (loan until 2019)

Sell/release (if possible): Pantic, Dabo, Piazon, van Ginkel, Kalas, Hector, Miazga, Baker, Omeruo, Quintero, Kane, Nathan

For the final group their wages often make them impossible to sell so they end up being loaned and loaned until their contracts end or we find someone willing to stump up enough cash.

Very full and useful listings - thanks.

I suspect quite a few are actually hoping van Ginkel will come back to be in our squad, but I can't help thinking that his own interests (and Zouma's) are best served at other PL clubs.  (Mind you I'd say the same about Moses, Baka, Barkley, and a few others too, but the club has its needs too).

Interesting to see Kalas on the list to sell.  4 years ago he started at Anfield, and it seemed to me that many on this site thought he was a better prospect for the future than KdB or Salah.  How things change.  

17 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

With Matej Delac's departure

Been here since 2010 - the clubs longest serving player (unless you count the ones that joined at U8 level! just before)

For both van Ginkel and Kalas the fact that they've remained a long time with the same club is a clear signal they're happy where they are and aren't looking for more challenging loans/transfers. Permanent moves for both make sense for all parties, with the main problem being that Chelsea's negotiating position for a fee is so weak.

• Like 1