• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The PL website has RLC listed as a Palace player. Make of that what you will. 

He's also listed amongst the players on loan on TOCWS. That web site drives me nuts when it comes to updates... RLC has been "on loan" all summer (presume no one bothered to update it when he returned from his Palace loan), though Eduardo disappeared from the first team squad when he was out of contract, only to swiftly re-appear in the on loan section when we re-signed him. Rob Green doesn't exist anywhere!

4 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

He's also listed amongst the players on loan on TOCWS. That web site drives me nuts when it comes to updates... 

I wonder where they get their stories from?  

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

He's also listed amongst the players on loan on TOCWS. That web site drives me nuts when it comes to updates... RLC has been "on loan" all summer (presume no one bothered to update it when he returned from his Palace loan), though Eduardo disappeared from the first team squad when he was out of contract, only to swiftly re-appear in the on loan section when we re-signed him. Rob Green doesn't exist anywhere!

zouma, abraham and RLC all listed as on loan

It's not like they don't update the site, because they have Kyle Scott down as on loan at Telstar and that only happened recently. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

zouma, abraham and RLC all listed as on loan

It's not like they don't update the site, because they have Kyle Scott down as on loan at Telstar and that only happened recently. 

... and yet Mason Mount isn't listed in the on loan section. It really is hit-and-miss regarding up-to-date information... always has been.

paulw66   
11 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

... and yet Mason Mount isn't listed in the on loan section. It really is hit-and-miss regarding up-to-date information... always has been.

and really not that difficult to get right!

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/8/14/new-contract-and-loan-for-aina

That makes 30 players on loan. We could be setting a new record this month for loans, with Omeruo to be confirmed today and with Piazon, Kalas, Hector, Collins, Thompson, Izzy Brown, Musonda, Dabo and Ugbo still hanging around in the loan group. Abraham or Drinkwater could be loaned from the first team group too.

10 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Hmmm. Chelsea announces a new contract and loan while Torino claim there is an option to buy... 

Bit contradictory, unless we want Aina to have the possibility to stay at Inter at an pre-agreed price should he be a success (and want to stay on). I think a loan to Italy can be good for his development. His weakness isn't attacking, it's his defensive concentration and positioning. That can only improve after a year in Italy. 

paulw66   

Some snippets on Reece James' performance last night from a Wigan fans forum:

Special shout out to Recce James as well. Thought he ran Massey and Powell really close in the MOTM stakes. Defensively he looks very sound and composed and he is developing his attacking game nicely too. If he can develop his crossing a bit more and continue these fine displays for rest of season he will be on loan at a Premier League club next season. Like him a lot.

I hope Reece James keeps his place, as the defence seems to be building up an understanding. Physically he adds height to the backline too, and as good as Byrne is going forward he definitely doesn't add height to the squad.

I think Byrne will have to be very patient, James is a top player. 

It's an odd bunch our loan army, roughly dividing into three camps:

Failed first team players: Rahman,  Eduardo, Kenedy, Batshuayi, Zouma, Bakayoko

Speculative buy to loan players: Pantic,  Rodriguez, Nathan, Pasalic, Angban, Miazga, Quintero, Omeruo

Academy graduates: Baker, Sammut, Chalobah, Baxter, James, Sterling, Clarke-Salter, Scott, Blackman, Kane, Mount, Colkett, Maddox, Palmer, Tomori, Dasilva, Aina

It's good to see that the last group is the largest group, and probably has the players most likely to make it into the first team squad in the future. The second group contains only one possible first team prospect (Pasalic) and is hopefully now a thing of the past - they were all signed several years ago. The club hopes the players in the first group (except Eduardo) play well enough on loan to convince someone to pay a hefty fee for them, which seems unlikely in almost all cases.

Listening to Warnock and apprantly he wants Ampadu at Cardiff from January. Be interesting to see what happens with that boy because as I have said elsewhere he is already good enough to play in the first XI of a number of PL teams. That said, come January he probably will have played 7+ games for us as I see him starting the LC and EL games.